Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2018, 09:43 PM

If, and IF a truck arrives. You will probably see IHC SGs, and a SMALL bunch of WRA SGs.

Field and Rack grades you will see all four makers. But the problem with those is the gawdawfull Hackberry wood found on so many.

Then there are the surprises.
One truck had a handfull of M1 carbines. The North Store guys chose to play easter egg hunt with them. They hid them in the store. First guy that found them got it. There was one each day.
The next truck had about one racks worth of Smith Corona M1903A3s
Surprises are not guaranteed.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:55 PM

Two racks at the North store usually are M1 drill rifles. A lot of them don't sell for a long time because they are almost $400 with welded oprod tracks and missing/damaged parts. If all you can use from a drill rifle is a few internal parts and the stock, they are definitely not worth $400.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:12 PM

I have read that the stores are out of the CMP rifle cases. Does anyone know if that is still true?
Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinplater611 View Post
Two racks at the North store usually are M1 drill rifles. A lot of them don't sell for a long time because they are almost $400 with welded oprod tracks and missing/damaged parts. If all you can use from a drill rifle is a few internal parts and the stock, they are definitely not worth $400.
Yes, they really need to drag those back to the south store. Pull the usable stuff off them and run the rest thru Captain Crunch. Some of those drills have been on that rack over a year.

There is an equal amount of scopeless sniper rifles that have sat there as long.

I know the South Store has cases, but I don't know that the North Store has gotten any cases.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garandpower View Post
I have read that the stores are out of the CMP rifle cases. Does anyone know if that is still true?

Anecdotally I can confirm. I recently received my rifle and it was in a similar but not CMP branded case. Appears to be a local outdoor store that. They're literally the same case, just different branding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk