Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2018, 03:58 PM

Default North Store Report Fri, May 4.

There were about 10 of us waiting to enter NS when doors opened at 8:30 AM.
Inside we found a full rack (43) of SA Field Grades (with one lone HRA among them). The other rifles were about 22 or so Field Grade IHC rifles. Kinda of expensive for their condition (IMO). The SA field Grades had about 30% GI wood and the rest were aftermarket wood. There were the usual M1C's and M1D's and a half rack of Drill Rifles. No Rack Grades of any kind. Some air-rifles also on one wall rack. A decent 4.3 with orig barrel and GI wood followed me home. Just got in door a few moments ago and haven't taken any pics yet.Will post pics later. Found a few late war FG's with orig barrels, most of the barrels check out at "3" on the hang-tags and my CMP gauge, throats at 3-4's. Hope this helps out anyone planning a trip on Sat. Staff was very helpful, especially
Bob, enjoyed talking to him about his time as an armorer at Anniston.
Tks,
Bob 32268
Old 05-04-2018, 07:13 PM

Yes they have some good Choices today My son got two Field grades 42 and 44And the people who work there they are fantastic People, and the people I met were the nice people I met all were very helpful
Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 PM

I sorry if I sound like a total grouch............. I got there in the afternoon on friday. I couldn't believe they were selling these rifles. They looked like absolute junk. If you need a rifle, from what people are saying, you'd have a better chance with mail order to get a decent rifle.

I really was absolutely dumbfound by the conditions of the rifles.

My bias may be from being there in 2010 and the room was packed with great rifles...............

Last edited by nyukx3fan; 05-06-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyukx3fan View Post
I sorry if I sound like a total grouch............. I got there in the afternoon on friday. I couldn't believe they were selling these rifles. They looked like absolute junk. If you need a rifle, from what people are saying, you'd have a better chance with mail order to get a decent rifle.

I really was absolutely dumbfound by the conditions of the rifles.

My bias may be from being there in 2010 and the room was packed with great rifles...............
I understand your feelings on the SA Field Grades, I felt they were "borderline" Rack Grades.....the IHC Field Grades looked especially "rough"....the wood on them was terrible (IMO)....
Bob32268