Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2018, 05:38 PM

Default North Store Report 5/25

I was out there this afternoon.

I'm trying to type this in a hurry but give you guys some info.

about 18-20 Field Grade IHC, mostly hackberry but a few USGI that are replacement wood. One had a long channel WRA stock that had been re- arsenaled at one point and was in rough shape. PM me for pics if you want to see it.

36 Field Grade HRA and SA. They did not look very good to me, maybe a few post war with original barrels. One receiver in the 700k and one in 900k range. One of these had an uncut 9 op rod. Several had WRA bolts. Many with Hackberry wood, some USGI but all replacement that I can tell and a lot of wear, which is expected on an FG.

2 correct grade WW2 that look like they have had parts reparked.

Maybe 5 or 6 of these neat German made air rifles for $40. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, the standard racks of M1C's etc. No combos.

Tom
Old 05-25-2018, 11:57 PM

Was there today and I agree with you. Not the nicest rifles I’ve seen. I ended up getting a 1 mil field grade SA with a lead dipped heel and original 43 barrel and a cut -6 op rod. Has a nasty hackberry stock set which will be replaced soon. I’m happy with my rifle but I had the money and planned on getting a rifle. If I hadn’t had the money in hand with the intention of buying I probably would have just mailordered.
Old 05-26-2018, 07:15 AM

Good rundown. I was there yesterday as well, got there around 10:30. A couple Garands managed to follow me home, both had USGI wood that wasn't in terrible shape. They had rack numbers stamped in the buttstocks though, but they'll still clean up nice. One of them was an IHC with LMR barrel, IHC op-rod, and a stock that struck me as an IHC based upon the curved profile on the right of the receiver 'porch'. And it had a DAS stamp, and a "P" proof, but no julian in the channel and the 'P' was serifed. I always understood IHC stocks' "P" proof to be nonserifed, though I did read somewhere where early IHC stocks may have had serifed "P"s. Still though, no julian date and no "HR" or "OR" in the stock channel. It had a Crane Navy Base rack number on it. Now to clean it up.

Last edited by Cavtanker; 05-26-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavtanker View Post
Good rundown. I was there yesterday as well, got there around 10:30. A couple Garands managed to follow me home, both had USGI wood that wasn't in terrible shape. They had rack numbers stamped in the buttstocks though, but they'll still clean up nice. One of them was an IHC with LMR barrel, IHC op-rod, and a stock that struck me as an IHC based upon the curved profile on the right of the receiver 'porch'. And it had a DAS stamp, and a "P" proof, but no julian in the channel and the 'P' was serifed. I always understood IHC stocks' "P" proof to be nonserifed, though I did read somewhere where early IHC stocks may have had serifed "P"s. Still though, no julian date and no "HR" or "OR" in the stock channel. It had a Crane Navy Base rack number on it. Now to clean it up.
Please post a pic of the Crane rack number.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNGM View Post
Please post a pic of the Crane rack number.
Here's an assortment of pics I took of the rifle. A pic of the rack number is in there. I should clarify I am no expert on Crane rack numbers. I made that statement simply because I've seen other pics posted in other threads in this forum of other rifle stocks with similar rack numbers and they were referred to as having come from Crane. That's how I deduced that this one was too. But I'm totally willing to be proven wrong on that statement.

https://imgur.com/a/j6Xd0jk

Overall I'm pleased with this one. The receiver heal markings aren't as crisp as I would like. But it came with a fair amount of IHC parts, and the metal is in good shape, the tag said "3" on the muzzle, but my gauge came in at a 2+, and the USGI stock looks worst than what it really is. It should clean up nicely.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:06 PM

Cavtanker, that is one fine IHC you have there.
Old 05-26-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavtanker View Post
The stock is 60ís USGI birch. DAS stamp and proof p are Springfield armory rebuild stamps
Old 05-26-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
The stock is 60ís USGI birch. DAS stamp and proof p are Springfield armory rebuild stamps
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I learn something new about these stocks every day.
Old 05-28-2018, 04:33 PM

Were there any .30-'06 M1 Specials?
Old 05-28-2018, 07:40 PM

My IHC Field Grade I received a couple months ago came in a very similar Crane stock, it even had the same white rub marks on the bottom forearm area.