Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Talladega Marksmanship Park
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2018, 10:16 AM

Default Question about rifle purchases at Talladega

I'm planning on making a trip to Talladega in January from Texas. I would be flying into Atlanta.
I was wondering if it would be possible for me to buy a rifle at the pro shop there, shoot it at the range, than still have them ship it back to me in TX. Trying to save me the hassle of flying with a rifle.
Thanks guys
Old 10-14-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex_Demolition View Post
I'm planning on making a trip to Talladega in January from Texas. I would be flying into Atlanta.
I was wondering if it would be possible for me to buy a rifle at the pro shop there, shoot it at the range, than still have them ship it back to me in TX. Trying to save me the hassle of flying with a rifle.
Thanks guys
Don't forget that the rifles are not sold "ready to fire". You will need to clean, inspect, and properly grease if for firing. You will need to bring the proper tools and equipment to do this.

JH

Zvenoman's Feedback Thread
Old 10-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTex_Demolition View Post
Thanks guys
Usually at south store with proof that you're flying they'll ship the rifle. Not sure if they can do that from TMP or not. Then there's the question if you take possession of the rifle, inspect it, lube it then shoot it at the range will they take the rifle back from you then ship it. I think you should call or email CMP customer service and explain what you're wanting to do and ask them that question.

Last edited by Ronwall; 10-15-2018 at 05:02 PM.