Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2018, 02:19 PM

Default Slings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivsvs View Post
Noob question, sorry if it has been discussed before. Is there a difference between the slings sold with the rifles in store and the slings offered on the EStore site? Thanks in advance!
Slings sold in the store are vintage WWII-Post war, all used. Im not sure what the EStore sells, but I think they are new production slings...
Old 11-02-2018, 02:25 PM

Correct. I looked this AM and it says “new production “ in description.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:56 PM

Well the new sling policy means either they’re nearing the bottom of the barrel, or they were tired of seeing people go in there with a box to fill up.

Wonder if they’ll start throwing them in with mail ordered rifles?

Last edited by Bwcritch; 11-02-2018 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivsvs View Post
Noob question, sorry if it has been discussed before. Is there a difference between the slings sold with the rifles in store and the slings offered on the EStore site? Thanks in advance!
As it was stated before the slings online are all new, but in the store they had surplus slings. I used to grab several every time I would go there. I would sell most for enough to make my money back, plus a few cents to throw towards gas. It wasnt a big deal to me because I knew Id get more the next time I went. I guess I wont be doing that anymore.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:10 PM

Default Friday Closing Report

The SA SGs mainly hit today with 14 rifles sold. No restock today.

CMP Specials, 15

SA SG 9, FG 5

HRA SG, 1

IHC FG 14.

Other rifles remain about the same as well as the SLING BOX!!!

Good luck on your searches.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:46 PM

Default A very pleasant morning spent at the store

As Tom indicated there was a nice selection of SG Springfield rifles in the store today, along with a spattering of FG.
Found a couple of pretty nice RRAD rebuilds that looked unmolested since they were rebuilt in 1965..
Both also had what I have come to recognize as that Philippine "vintage" look. That is musty, dusty, dirty and rusty and looks to have not been wiped down in 50 years or more.
Surface rust seems to be minimal, but something that needs to be looked at for sure, especially on brite chambers.
One of the RRAD came back with my buddy Paul (along with a single, lone sling) and the other went home with a new customer, Matt, who was just looking for a good shooter with a WWII serial. With a 1/1 barrel and real tight lockup, he is well on his way.
Both RRADs had the leg etch and only the square P Proof and looked just like they should to my eye.
Other rifles were also present that were very nice with some of the interesting parts seen including a WRA slant large mod op-rod, a curved -9 SA op-rod with no mod, single slot Gas Screw and one WRA Op-Rod Catch.

Tom's report showed a 5.4 HRA that got my attention, and it was very nice with what appeared to be the original barrel, but it had been refinished at some point so I left it for someone else.

No Marine Corps or SA-52 marked rifles which was what I was looking for.
There were a couple very well-marked Benicia Arsenal marked stocks that had me looking close to see if the rifle matched the wood (nope IMO), but still very nice.
After a long dry spell with no SA Service Grades in the store, this is a very pleasant change indeed.

Already looking forward to my next visit in a couple weeks. Still have one more rifle on my count and don't plan to let it slide by if I can help it.
Hopefully something will speak to me before the end of the year.

Rob
Old 11-02-2018, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
As Tom indicated there was a nice selection of SG Springfield rifles in the store today, along with a spattering of FG.
Found a couple of pretty nice RRAD rebuilds that looked unmolested since they were rebuilt in 1965..
Both also had what I have come to recognize as that Philippine "vintage" look. That is musty, dusty, dirty and rusty and looks to have not been wiped down in 50 years or more.
Surface rust seems to be minimal, but something that needs to be looked at for sure, especially on brite chambers.
One of the RRAD came back with my buddy Paul (along with a single, lone sling) and the other went home with a new customer, Matt, who was just looking for a good shooter with a WWII serial. With a 1/1 barrel and real tight lockup, he is well on his way.
Both RRADs had the leg etch and only the square P Proof and looked just like they should to my eye.
Other rifles were also present that were very nice with some of the interesting parts seen including a WRA slant large mod op-rod, a curved -9 SA op-rod with no mod, single slot Gas Screw and one WRA Op-Rod Catch.

Tom's report showed a 5.4 HRA that got my attention, and it was very nice with what appeared to be the original barrel, but it had been refinished at some point so I left it for someone else.

No Marine Corps or SA-52 marked rifles which was what I was looking for.
There were a couple very well-marked Benicia Arsenal marked stocks that had me looking close to see if the rifle matched the wood (nope IMO), but still very nice.
After a long dry spell with no SA Service Grades in the store, this is a very pleasant change indeed.

Already looking forward to my next visit in a couple weeks. Still have one more rifle on my count and don't plan to let it slide by if I can help it.
Hopefully something will speak to me before the end of the year.

Rob
Sounds like a good day. You'll have to make it back so you can buy your 1 last rifle and sling for the year. I'll be trying to go up in the next couple weeks, schedule and wife pending. Hoping for a USMC rifle, HRA would be even better.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:31 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were 2 customers at opening and racks were full with 66 rifles present.

CMP Specials 16, SA, WRA and IHC, all .308.

SA SG 21 some with cartouches and rebuild stamps/few with WWII barrels/ FG 6, hackberry stocks.

HRA SG, 1.

IHC FG 14, all hackberry stocks.

WRA zero.

Other rifles remain about the same and sling box remains the same, about half full!!!

Box of enblocs.

Old 11-03-2018, 03:59 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 53 rifles remaining at closing of the possible 66, with no restock.

CMP Specials 16, SA, WRA, and IHC.

SA SG 11/ FG 4

IHC FG, 14

HRA SG, 1.

Other rifles remain about the same.

Old 11-04-2018, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Slings sold in the store are vintage WWII-Post war, all used. Im not sure what the EStore sells, but I think they are new production slings...
Thank you! Vintage sling really doesnt mean much to me. Functional is more important.