Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Southeast > The Carolinas
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 10:20 AM

Default Raleigh - Dixie Gun Show

Just a quick report... saw some M1's yesterday at the show and there was even 1 M1D there for sale by one dealer for $3,200. However, I did not notice any paperwork with the gun certifying it as a real M1D. There was one vendor who had 4 M1 Garands and turns out one of them was a Winchester but it was re-stocked. There were no inspection marks or cartouche on the rifle. I think the price was about $1,200. The price on M1's were anyway from $700 to $1,200 except for the M1D model I mentioned. There were also vendors there selling butt stock kits, parts, etc.

Arrived about 9:00 AM when it opened and did not leave until about 4:00 PM. There is a ton of stuff there, new guns, etc. but also a lot of low end stuff as well. Saw many M1A in all configurations there ranging from stock entry level to sniper variants. There were also a lot of 3rd party optics being sold and a ton of semi auto hand guns. It's getting to the point where I am saturated with these and gain interest in old school revolvers again!

Anyway, it's worth visiting if you are in the area!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:03 PM

I sat one of the gun rights booths (GRNC) yesterday, and it was crowded especially in the morning.

Several $800 Carbines were also on the tables. Mike from Durham was there with good buys on Carbine and Garand parts.

One guy even had a GE Gatling Gun on display! He'd built it up from parts (and was a licensed FFL manufacturer...). First one of those I've seen up close.

Ammo prices are down somewhat. Lots of black rifles and all the metal that goes with them.

Marc
Old 11-21-2010, 07:53 PM

Missed this one.... oh well.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!