Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 08:57 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Saluki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Transactions???? I don't believe that is the purpose of this Forum and the entire Marketplace section can be dropped in a heartbeat and yet the Forum would continue without it.
Be happy it's here at all!
I could care less if it goes. All I am advocating for is that the sale price asked for (which is required) be left up once it is sold. It is a simple request.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saluki View Post
I could care less if it goes. All I am advocating for is that the sale price asked for (which is required) be left up once it is sold. It is a simple request.

If you are curious as to the sales price of an item that was removed, you can simply PM the seller. Everytime Ive asked someone Ive gotten a response.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:29 AM

While I agree you can PM the seller, that requires two more actions and a delay in getting the information.
If there is no negative to leaving the price up, and I'm open to being told what that negative is, it's less work for all concerned and we all have busy days as it is.

My feedback thread
Old 09-05-2017, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shomway View Post
Transactions???? I don't believe that is the purpose of this Forum and the entire Marketplace section can be dropped in a heartbeat and yet the Forum would continue without it.
Be happy it's here at all!
you are prolly right, this forum will function without the marketplace 100%. but it won't hurt to leave the price and help other....what is sold is sold and when other want to post a FOR SALE item, it might help them. i once posted a Russian Tigr for $2100 on another forum and the whole place when kabooom...most people thought it was too good to be true while others sent me Pm me that i was loosing money and those were old for 4k+$...but i do think my price was fair. the whole thing messed up the sale and till date i still have the rifle. i am kinda appy i didn't sell it though but all the same just because i didn't know the asking market price so i go no help on that.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitpusmc View Post
While I agree you can PM the seller, that requires two more actions and a delay in getting the information.
If there is no negative to leaving the price up, and I'm open to being told what that negative is, it's less work for all concerned and we all have busy days as it is.
Yes that might just work out but what happens when you get no response from the person ? i have seen people who only come online just to sell stuffs and not to contribute any positive conversation to inform or help others. some don't check their Pm for weeks.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitpusmc View Post
ok, so some folks think it's worthwhile, some think it's worth less or nada.

I respect both positions (the luger guy needs another hobby) ....

you just said be respectful

WTH???
Co-Author of Police Lugers 2012
Author of Veteran Bring Backs Vol I & Vet Bring Backs Vol II, a collection of stories on guns & equipment brought back by GI's.
Co-Author of the book Simson Lugers

Last edited by weimar_police; 09-05-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
If you were or are selling it in a private setting that would be the case. But you are not. You are using an electronic forum owned and operated by a Congressional chartered organization for marksmanship for firearms and firearm related transactions. The purpose of the CMP is not to shield and thereby possibly maximize peoples profit margins.
I'd like to see where that is in the charter.

Under the forum rules and guidelines section Marketplace/Classified Ads Posting Rules here is a statement:
"There are a lot of scams out there so take precautions in your business ventures".

That is am implicit acknowledgement that people have a right to protect their posted information. We are allowed to edit any other of our posts, why not sales?

I agree that it would be helpful to leave selling prices up, I would like it myself, but there's absolutely no obligation as well as reasons not to in some cases.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitpusmc View Post
There may not be a negative, but in some folks mind, its none of your business. To say that asking someone via PM what a sales price takes too much work makes you appear lazy.

If you need instant answers, google is your friend
Old 09-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomboom View Post
I think the CMP as a whole wouldn't mind if the forums disappeared altogether, they dont seem to want to put any more effort than they have to in it. At one time there was a threat to remove the marketplace section altogether, threads like this no doubt dont help the situation
You are more right than you realize, on both counts...

Quote:
I could care less if it goes.
There lies the rub...no reason to even ask if that is the case.
As others have said, it was gone briefly due to hub-bubs like this, and was only saved due to a lot of work behind the scenes.

This has been asked, answered (multiple times) and thusly flogged more than sufficiently.
While we don't dispute this info may be helpful, it's not something we will require or police!

What people do with the price is their business...they can adjust up or down, remove the item, or delete the price.
And for negatives, I can see the flood of reported posts and thread stomps when people delete their price...with a two-, of even three-fold effect:
One, bringing even more negative attention to the Marketplace...
Two, requiring more work to message the seller and tell them to reinstate their price...then the followup when they don't...then another followup...and so on...
Finally, having to clean up the inevitable thread stomps/hi-jacks.
Indeed we all have busy days and this assuredly is more work when the secondary and tertiary effects are considered.

Some people delete their sales ads when complete because of this issue, and seeing more of that...then you have nothing for reference.
Guess that's the next idea fairy....prohibit sellers from deleting their ads.

As has been mentioned, if it is if that much interest, simply PM the seller and ask! Vast majority of folks will share that info if asked respectfully.

Spinning wheels here...

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544
Closed Thread