Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-31-2017, 09:45 AM
Tothemax Tothemax is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 367
Default Thread title edit .

Hi,

Why can we not edit the title of our threads? Seems like you can do this on multiple other sites. Its handy when you made a spelling mistake, or you need to update it with more info. Especially if people have read it and just skip over it not knowing there has been a change.

Last edited by Tothemax; 05-31-2017 at 05:31 PM.
  #2  
Old 05-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Duce Duce is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnapolis, MN
Posts: 497
Default

I believe you should be able to. When you click on the "edit" button for a thread you've created, you then have to click on "go advanced." You should then be able to edit the title. I know I have used this procedure in the past.
__________________
I love the smell of Kroil in the evening.
  #3  
Old 05-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Tothemax Tothemax is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duce View Post
I believe you should be able to. When you click on the "edit" button for a thread you've created, you then have to click on "go advanced." You should then be able to edit the title. I know I have used this procedure in the past.
I tried that a few day ago and it edits just the sub title.
  #4  
Old 05-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Tothemax Tothemax is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 367
Default

I just tried it with this thread and added a . after the title. It shows under my original posts title but not on the main title.
  #5  
Old 05-31-2017, 06:16 PM
Craftsman Craftsman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 6,843
Default

I'm glad for the generous edit features we have compared to other popular firearms forums, some of which allow content edits for a short time, maybe 1/2 hour, then they don't allow any changes or deletion of the post or thread ever. Combine that with pop up ads like crazy, and I don't waste my time on those sites, we all know who they are.
__________________
Grandfathers - Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
Uncle - WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater
Dad - US Army Infantry - Post Korean War

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
  #6  
Old 05-31-2017, 06:18 PM
Tothemax Tothemax is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 367
Default

Only being allowed to edit for a short period of time is stupid. What good does that do? Things change and need updated from time to time. You should be able to do that whenever.
  #7  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:15 PM
Kansas Poster Kansas Poster is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tothemax View Post
I just tried it with this thread and added a . after the title. It shows under my original posts title but not on the main title.
This has been talked about before.

No way on this forum to change the title on the list, just your post.

Start a new thread with the new information, then delete the old thread.

You will loose any post to the old thread at that point.
__________________
Operation Positive Attitude.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
  #8  
Old 05-31-2017, 07:59 PM
Tothemax Tothemax is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
This has been talked about before.

No way on this forum to change the title on the list, just your post.

Start a new thread with the new information, then delete the old thread.

You will loose any post to the old thread at that point.
Not a very good way to run things...
  #9  
Old 06-07-2017, 10:06 PM
Blurry Blurry is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Front Royal, VIRGINIA
Posts: 289
Default Edit

Seems to me, from some of the commentary by mods, that we should be extremely grateful to have a forum at all. So there ya go.
  #10  
Old 06-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Tothemax Tothemax is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 367
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Seems to me, from some of the commentary by mods, that we should be extremely grateful to have a forum at all. So there ya go.
Which we are but upgrades, to make life easier, are always nice too.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.