Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > New Member Section
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2016, 09:28 AM

Default New member from central Ohio

Hello from Columbus, Ohio. I discovered the CMP and the forums this spring when I was researching information for a M1 Garand I was thinking of purchasing from LGS. Imagine my surprise to discover that the CMP sold M1 Garands.

At that time, only the Special in .308 and the sniper models were available for purchase from the CMP. Since I wanted a rifle to shoot more than a collector piece, I chose to buy the Special from the CMP rather than the more expensive rifle from the LGS which also had questionable barrel and bolt. I have enjoyed shooting the rifle and sharing that experience with friends and family, especially my uncle who carried one during the Korean War.

I have found the forums to be an invaluable source of information as to the history and operation of my Garands.

When I saw that Service Grades were available, I didn't hesitate to sent in an order (well, I did stop for about 30 seconds to think of what to say to the wife about my latest gun purchase ). I received my SG Sept 14 and am just as happy with it as I am the Special. It is an HRA and seems to have all original HRA marked parts except for the CMP stock. I sanded and finished the stock. Here are photos of my new baby.

http://s350.photobucket.com/user/tin...tml?sort=9&o=0