X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Garandaddy
    • Oct 2009

M1D scope mount -- USGI vs Reproduction Photos

I wanted to share these photos for those of you looking to purchase an original USGI M1D scope mount.

Last edited by Big_Red; 12-27-2018, 04:57 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
    Garandaddy
  • Garandaddy
    • Oct 2009

Hope these high res photos help you out.
    Garandaddy

Comment

• AzMedic
      • Dec 2014

Thank you Sir for the excellent pictures (can this be "stickied") ....

any chance of a T37, HART M2 photo spread coming????

Comment

• Big_Red
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by AzMedic View Post
        Thank you Sir for the excellent pictures (can this be "stickied") ?

Agreed, which is why it already is...a sticky that is; accomplished right after he posted.
        Thanks to Garandaddy for the great pics and info.
        Proud son of a Vietnam Veteran (1969, 1970) - In memoriam
        OEF - '02, '08 / OIF - '03, '10 / OND - '11 / OIR/OEF - '15

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Comment

• rcsch
          • Oct 2010

Other views please

Just wondered if you could show both end views of repro's & USGI's so we can see the thickness's of the metal around the scope area?

who are making the repros?
          Have heard that the screw threads pull if not careful?? May that be the reason for the longer screws??
          thanks much for the other pics Too!

Comment

• mac1911
            • Oct 2009

Thanks for the thread. Glad it was a sticky I most likely would hAve never found it., im looking around deciding to either build a M1 d clone or buy a cmp special M1d, or dig deep and buy a original

What I would like to know for those who have dealt with the reproduction

What have you done to them to make them work. Looking at the prices to "build" a clone either repro parts or original I might as well buy a real deal.

I'm looking for a range gun and fun local sniper matches.
            Last edited by mac1911; 10-24-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Dinghao
              • Aug 2013

I just received a Rack Grade M1D from the CMP. Also ordered their reproduction M82 scope and M1D base. The base fits loosely, so I found I needed to shim between the tightening bolt/set knob and the base to tighten the grip, i.e. not between the base and the receiver. It may be possible to grind down the bolt and get it tight, but I'm not sure. The shim works ok.

Comment

• rcsch
                • Oct 2010

Hello,
                I ask before but wasn't very precise in asking my question. I did see Garandaddy pics but
                Can someone please tell me what the thickness of the metal is, that surrounds the scope tube, on a repro M1D scope mount. (Front and rear, top & bottom)

Thanks
                Last edited by rcsch; 03-29-2018, 05:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• milsurpshooter
                  • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Dinghao View Post
                  ... I found I needed to shim between the tightening bolt/set knob and the base to tighten the grip, i.e. not between the base and the receiver. It may be possible to grind down the bolt and get it tight, but I'm not sure. The shim works ok.
                  I found the same to be a solution. I used a 5/8" brass washer. Used a Dremel to cut a slot so it would slide past the mount threads. The lock pin would not engage the grooves on the back of the mount knob but hand tightening was still sufficient. Over 50 rounds without any noticeable movement of the mount.
                  - milsurpshooter

Comment

• michaele
                    • Aug 2017

i live in dbn hts i can.t see your photobucket pics i have a m1-d model coming would love to see any and all info on this model mike 313-278-3404

Comment

• mycanoe44
                      • Feb 2016

Garandaddy still out there?

Since this is a sticky, it would be really helpful if the OP could update the picture files so they are viewable again. I can't PM Garandaddy, and I see he hasn't posted for a couple years.

Still around or contact info available anyone???
                      Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rapidly promoted by the mainstream media, which holds that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Comment

• NCTerp
                        • Sep 2015

None of these photo links are working. Too bad. What a possible helpful thread.

Comment

• zora53
                          • Mar 2018

looks like a dead thread....unsticky? Pics would be nice

Comment

Working...
                          X