Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2019, 12:39 AM

Default WTS HRA and International Harvester Garands

I have two more Garands for sale:

1. H&R--all H&R marked parts, except the barrel, which is LMR, dated 8-53. A forum member contacted me and a suggested the LMR barrel on the H&R may actually be correct. I was referred to a Scott Duff article in the GCA Journal form Spring 2000 regarding H&R barrel data. I also questioned forum member Orlando about this and he checked with an H&R collector (also a member here), who believes the barrel to be correct for that receiver. Defense stamp on stock. Throat Erosion: 2 and 3; Muzzle Wear: 2. New information: Because the barrel is believed to be on an IHC originally, and therefore not a lot of interest at the asking price, I used the op rod and stock off of this rifle to restore or correct another H&R I had. I intended to put a post-war Springfield stock on this one, but got another H&R stock (I believe it is) for it. I replaced the op rod with a WWII SA (uncut) rod. I also changed the gas cylinder lock-it has the finish worn off. Because of these issues, I have lowered price to $925 shipped (USA, lower 48, where legal). Please send me a message with your number for texts or e-mail so that I can send you some photos. Rifle is SPF.

2. International Harvester--"LEAD 9-64" marked receiver, appears completely rebuilt, birch stock, Springfield barrel, etc. (no IH.C parts). Throat Erosion: between 2.5 and 3; Muzzle Wear: 1.5. $1000 plus shipping. Sold.

I bough these rifles from a man selling off a deceased friend's collection. the collection had a variety of Garands, and from what I could gather, neither the prior owner nor the seller seemed to me to be into restorations. (Perhaps prior owner could have bought some rifle(s) already restored). I will start out at these prices and may lower the price if there is no interest. Please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will send you photos of one or the other or both rifles. Please be patient with me--I have poor internet service and may be on my job during the days and not able to respond quickly. Thanks in advance for your interest.

Jack

Last edited by Stuckus; 07-15-2020 at 12:27 PM. Reason: added info.; sold one rifle
Old 07-27-2019, 09:22 AM

I have had some requests for the serial number of the H&R. It is 5489504. I am not an expert on these rifles...but my understanding of the basic information regarding these would lead me to assume that 1953 LMR barrel was probably not originally on this H&R rifle.

I claim to have no real expertise on these rifles, but, as stated in the original post, as edited, it has been brought to my attention that the barrel may very well be correct. However, some insist it is not correct. I will not represent it to be original.

Jack

Last edited by Stuckus; 07-13-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:29 PM

What's the serial number on the IHC?
Old 07-27-2019, 03:53 PM

IHC is #5043668

Jack
Old 07-27-2019, 04:27 PM

Thanks, I was hoping it might be close to my IHC, but not.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:21 AM

email sent
sparx
Old 08-02-2019, 03:55 PM

Price lowered. Thanks for the interest shown.

Jack
Old 08-09-2019, 06:17 PM

Prices lowered on both rifles. Also, I have shot the IHC, and it functions and shoots well--no issues.
Old 08-13-2019, 08:34 PM

I have edited the posts above to comment that a forum member contacted me and a suggested the LMR barrel on the H&R may actually be correct. I was referred to a Scott Duff article in the GCA Journal form Spring 2000 regarding H&R barrel data. I also questioned forum member Orlando about this (the 1953 LMR barrel with proof mark like IHC proofs) and he checked with an H&R collector (also a member here), who believes the barrel to be correct for that receiver--that collector has an H&R marked similarly. Based on this information, I feel a price of $1250 is fair.

Jack
Old 08-17-2019, 09:22 AM

Greetings Jack,
Sent you email.

Regards,
JeffL