Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2020, 05:07 PM

Default Bench Rest Garand/Prone Garand matches

Bench rest/Prone Garand matches on the schedule for the D-Day match. I have looked on here for any info about these matches. Anybody know the scoop about them or can direct me to the thread that discusses the info on how they are to be run?
Old 03-09-2020, 06:22 PM

BENCHREST GARAND MATCH: Competitors will fire an As- Issued M1 Garand, per the current CMP Games Competition Rulebook. All competitors will be firing off a bench with up to two sandbags. All firing will be done at 300 yards. Competitors will have 5 sighter shots and 30 shots for record in a time limit of 30 minutes.

PRONE GARAND, SPRINGFIELD AND VINTAGE MILITARY MATCH: This match will be fired in conjunction with the Garand, Springfield and Vintage Military Match on Saturday 6 June, at 9AM ONLY, and is for competitors that are 70 years or older. The As- Issued Rifle Course of fire will be used except competitors will remain in the prone position for the last stage of firing. Competitors may either fire in the Prone GSM Match or the regular GSM Match. Competitors wishing to be part of the Three Gun Aggregate must fire in the regular GSM Match as the Prone GSM Match will not be counted towards the three gun aggregate. *Competitors that are unable to fire all stages in the prone position may fire in the sitting position. Achievement medals will be issued for this match.

I found this on page 7 and 9 of the Talladega D-Day Match program.
Old 03-10-2020, 12:59 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you for that info. I never thought I would be told I wasn't old enough to do something ever again.....but here we are!!!! I'm not going to rush any thing just yet though.
Old 03-10-2020, 01:30 PM

I guess I'll have to protest that model age limit as I believe they need to go by a High Mileage threshold instead of model year !