Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2019, 10:03 AM

There may be another option for some people looking for scope repairs. I have sent several Unertls to Optical Services Company in Santa Teresa, NM. The company was founded by Bill Ackerman who was a well known shooter in the area and he at one time worked for the Weaver Company. His daughter Cheryl is running the operation now and she is quite nice to deal with. She won't do major repairs, but can handle quite a few things. The scopes I have sent her came back in two to three months and were well done. In one case I had a scope boosted and the reticle changed out to a small DOT and fine wires and another scope had the reticle changed to a small DOT and fine wires. Her prices are fair and she won't sell you something you don't need. They work on several brands of scopes and if one isn't listed I am sure you could call and ask her about it. I know there are other places that do repairs, but I came across Optical Services and gave them a shot because at my age waiting a year or even six months to get a scope back from repair seemed a little too much.

Rick H.

Last edited by motorcop; 01-30-2019 at 10:07 AM.