Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2019, 03:25 PM

I see no WRA’s where sold all day. What condition are the WRA’s? Did you notice anything special?

h
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
There were 46 rifles remaining at closing.

1903, zero

IHC, zero

HRA, zero

SA SG 8/ FG 8. There is a USMC 0-66 present in the inventory..

WRA SG 8/ FG 12.

CMP Specials, 8

Other rifles remain about the same.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:45 PM

Default Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastlandb1 View Post
I see no WRA’s where sold all day. What condition are the WRA’s? Did you notice anything special?

h
They may have restocked a few WRA’s but I don’t know for sure. Sometimes they tell me when they do restock and sometimes not.. All the WRA SG’s have CMP stocks, some customers don’t care for them.

Saw one with WRA barrel which has been there all weekend, and still there, but it has a case of the bad ugly.

I didn’t see anything that was exceptional to me.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:03 PM

Tom, thanks for finding the HRA 4.66 today. It looked even nicer when I got it home and looked at it good. Folks like pictures - maybe this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...EzS1Pq1mP1dJkH

Jeff
Old 10-12-2019, 08:33 PM

Nice!!!!!
Old 10-12-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantnut View Post
Tom, thanks for finding the HRA 4.66 today. It looked even nicer when I got it home and looked at it good. Folks like pictures - maybe this will work.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...EzS1Pq1mP1dJkH

Jeff
Looks like you struck gold! Congratulations
Old 10-13-2019, 06:53 AM

Metal condition on most was nice, even on the rack grades ,however the stocks were beat up. Majority had good ME & TE readings and would make good shooters although I didn’t see any WRA barrel. The surprise was the 0-66 rifle which was still there when I left.
Old 10-13-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twh1997 View Post
The surprise was the 0-66 rifle which was still there when I left.
Since it was not uncommon for the Marines to apply the etching before re-finishing unless you're looking for it sometimes it's hard to notice the etching. Last year at South Store after taking a HRA to the counter so I could remove the stock I accidently noticed it was a 0-66. After showing it to the Armorer that was working at the counter he admitted to missing the etching as well. Needless to say it's now in my collection.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:26 AM

Arrived yesterday about 8:30 looking for a WRA field grade. Most WRA's were pretty beat up, especially the only one wearing a WRA barrel, which was a shame. Ended up finding a nice SA 6 digit with correct 8-42 barrel and gorgeous deep red GI wood.

I hopped over to the Talladega store and grabbed the last remaining M1917. The armorer there said they had a handful of them on Thursday and sold the last one to me at 11:30 yesterday.
Old 10-13-2019, 11:35 AM

Default 6 digit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShell View Post
Arrived yesterday about 8:30 looking for a WRA field grade. Most WRA's were pretty beat up, especially the only one wearing a WRA barrel, which was a shame. Ended up finding a nice SA 6 digit with correct 8-42 barrel and gorgeous deep red GI wood.

I hopped over to the Talladega store and grabbed the last remaining M1917. The armorer there said they had a handful of them on Thursday and sold the last one to me at 11:30 yesterday.
I saw your SA 6 digit with 42 barrel yesterday morning. That is a nice rifle and congratulations on that gem...
Old 10-13-2019, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
I saw your SA 6 digit with 42 barrel yesterday morning. That is a nice rifle and congratulations on that gem...
Thanks bud. Not sure if I ran into you or not, but it was a great trip. I was happy to visit Talladega for the first time. I was visiting from Houston and stopped in New Orleans to spend the day at the WW2 museum. Had an awesome time.