Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
From what I've read Benicia ended their rebuild efforts in the 50's
Man, sounds close... I wish I know where to find more info. Maybe I'll make a separate post.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s11033 View Post
Man, sounds close... I wish I know where to find more info. Maybe I'll make a separate post.
This article is relevant to your rifle. It was written by Garand Expert Bruce Canfield. As noted in the article there were several Arsenals that rebuilt Garands after WW2 and any of those Arsenal's stock could be "correct" for your rifle. BA (Benicia Arsenal) is not the only Arsenal that rebuilt Garands after the war. Also note that the T105E1 rear sight that's on your rifle "could" have been acquired in the WW2 post war rebuild program.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...rand-rebuilds/
Old 10-30-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
This article is relevant to your rifle. It was written by Garand Expert Bruce Canfield. As noted in the article there were several Arsenals that rebuilt Garands after WW2 and any of those Arsenal's stock could be "correct" for your rifle. BA (Benicia Arsenal) is not the only Arsenal that rebuilt Garands after the war. Also note that the T105E1 rear sight that's on your rifle "could" have been acquired in the WW2 post war rebuild program.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...rand-rebuilds/
I had seen the article before, but hadn't read it in detail. It was a great read, thank you! I may just end up with a circle P and call it a day if that wouldn't be wrong.

Tags
correct, garand, gaw, nfr, stock