Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2018, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nf1e View Post
Just a little here say information to add to this.

1. Possible serial number range
From what I understand the range is 1497-1857, I had purchased a receiver from them in this range. There customer service took care of me and went above and beyond to rectify the situation.

2. thanks for posting this info. Btw, I spoke with Classic Firearms yesterday afternoon . They said they were aware of this JRA recall, but non of the JRA BM59 rifles sent to Classic are/were affected or involved in the recall.

Oops......Looks like there are more out there. Must have missed this one.

"Classic customer service seemed surprised when I informed them I had one of their BM59 in the recall serial number range."

Post #9 http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=234304
Old 11-08-2018, 02:54 PM

You would think that Classic would know what they sold...You would think they would notify their customers....regards....alex
Old 11-09-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
Oops......Looks like there are more out there. Must have missed this one.

"Classic customer service seemed surprised when I informed them I had one of their BM59 in the recall serial number range."

Post #9 http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=234304
Yes, there are, and people should really be paying attention....or let Darwin's ideas take over and let the natural conclusion happen to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC-7 View Post
You would think that Classic would know what they sold...You would think they would notify their customers....regards....alex
You would think, wouldn't you? It appears that thinking is another dying art, in this day and age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shack357 View Post
I talked with Classic as well..they said it was a small batch of receivers that were sold by another company and had bad heat treat. Based on the letter they were Sarco receivers and anything sold by Classic or AIM are just fine.
Kind of flies in the face of reality, doesn't it? Who knows what to believe now?
As I alluded to earlier, I wouldn't be firing any BM59 unless I talked to the manufacturer "personally",....and then I would need some assurances, proof, ....or a refund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANinMICH View Post
Which sounds all good and well, but my understanding is that these failures did not manifest until one thousand rounds or more had been put through the rifles. If I were a JRA bm59 owner with a cast receiver in any serial number range, you’d be hard-pressed to get me to fire that thing ever again.
I'm afraid you are right Sean.

What I wonder about sometimes, is how many other cast receivers, such as Armscorps, Fedords, etc....are there out there, and how many chicom receivers are there that we know nothing at all about the metallurgy on? ....that haven't even seen a thousand rounds yet?....and are set to let go..... any day now?

Pay attention guys, unless you want to end up like one of Darwin's weak ones... Extinct!