Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 11:41 PM

Thats a great deal... Stock looks good.

The firing pin is not a big hassle. Most people buy complete M14 bolts with firing pins in them
Old 05-03-2012, 01:42 AM

Mine gets here Monday. I will be disappointed if it does not have the firing pin. Unless of course, it looks as brand new as that kit does
Old 05-03-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
man, am i droolin'. are the springs new in these kits?
Nope they are used but they were drill rifles so how much could they have been used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Devil View Post
Are you going to refinish any of those parts or leave them just as they are (with the history of them built right in)??
Still thinking about that some of the parts need to be redone like the rear sight. There is a place near me that will check out the parts for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke42_02 View Post
So you're saying that they shorted you a firing pin even though it said there would be one in the kit when you ordered it? Did they offer anything to make up for it?
Called them they said that the bolts they got were welded and the firing pin was removed so they do not have any more firing pin's. But with the look of this kit I feel I can afford the 30 bucks for one. I almost spent the extra 35 for the stock because of the stories on the net about how the stocks suck with these kits. Maybe that is how they are compensating for the firing pin?

Last edited by dlk51; 05-04-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 AM

The stock my kit came with was in solid condition, walnut, with a clear DAS and a faint Proof "P", but it was very roughly sanded...looks like random sanding with 50 or 100 grit paper. I'm not sure if they came that way new or if it was something that was done after it was issued, but it looks kinda rough. The color and grain looks fantastic after I rubbed in a few coats of BLO, but the texture is distracting. I'm torn between sanding it smooth or leaving it as is, in case that's how it looked originally.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Old 05-03-2012, 06:58 AM

Well that is a hard one to call but if it was me. I would do two things:

1)order another on from cmp for 35 dollars so I have one with original finish.
2)Refinish the worst of the two for range use.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke42_02 View Post
So you're saying that they shorted you a firing pin even though it said there would be one in the kit when you ordered it? Did they offer anything to make up for it?
The parts kit description in the e-store now says no firing pin is included. I don't know if the OP ordered his kit before the change in the description, but he's already discussed that omission with the CMP.

Please leave feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=33711
Old 05-03-2012, 07:53 AM

My order was placed on the 4/11 it says on the bill. So everyone who order one in the last few weeks will not be getting a firing pin. I just hope they make it up with stocks like I got.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM

The kits I saw yesterday, 12 of them, were rough. His kit is much better than any I saw yesterday. I was only able to find one kit with a decent op-rod. The bottom of the tabs were trashed, rounded off at the corners and chewed up. I was hoping that hand-picking would help. Did little to help at all.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:44 AM

I don't recall my A kit coming with a firing pin. Ordered shortly after they were first released. LRB built it with a complete TRW, so...
Old 05-03-2012, 12:36 PM

I also ordered mine on 4/11 back when the discription claimed it came with a firing pin. If they are going to make it up to you by sending a stellar kit, I don't have a problem. If they're going to expect you to just eat the loss of a $25 part without reducing the price or throwing in somthing extra... well I think that stinks even if it is from one of my favorite companies.