Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM

"Fred's"? Anyone have a website link or contact info?
Old 01-25-2013, 09:00 AM

http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/
Old 01-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Wick, do yourself a favor, and send me a pm about stocks. You may keel over and die before you see one from fredsm14stocks....then again, if you are not one of the unclean, you may get one in three weeks to three years...or not at all.....can't say it any clearer than that. I've heard all this crap from people for years about 762mm and their business practices and customer service, but freds does the same thing, and is lavished with praise......nonsense. The rationale is that he said so on his site ? Give me a break, I know dozens of guys from years ago that were charged the cash and have never gotten anything from freds.

Sorry guys, two things I can't stand, and that is a company that tries to build a mystique about themselves by fabricating huge delays or unavailability, or that tells people they are so busy that they absolutely cannot do anything.... Nobody is that busy, and if they were, that means they are making money hand over fist and could afford to put someone else on the payroll to "take care of business". It's either that, or they are too greedy and want to keep all the cash for themselves at the consumers expense. Either way, they suck in my opinion. Like some receiver makers I won't mention, or certain so called armorers. Oh, another thing I can't stand...is greedy s.o.b.'s ....As freds site says, you have been warned.

If R. Lee Ermey met Jack at fred's...he would say..." You Jackwagon ! "..heh heh heh...
Old 01-25-2013, 10:01 AM

I ordered some stuff and picked it up in person. Having seen the operation in person I can see how orders get lost. On the other hand, he has inventory stuffed in just about any place it won't fall over.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:05 AM

I ordered three M1 stocks from Fred's and after two months called on a Wednesday. Spoke to Jack and they were delivered several days later. He had warned me they would be solid but "rough" so I bought a DeWalt orbital sander with 80 grit disks the night before. Sure enough, they needed work but the sander fixed them right up - after all, 60 year old USGI American walnut is hard to beat. Stocks came with all hardware and butt plates turned out alright after application of elbow grease and Aluma Hyde II. Buttstocks cost $55 each plus reasonable shipping. Came with a NOS M14 handguard, too. M14 stocks ordered in the past, needed no such work. The man has an experienced eye for wood, done more to promote rifle shooting than a thousand men, and is a good guy. You won't find better wood for the price, anywhere. HTH
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
I ordered some stuff and picked it up in person. Having seen the operation in person I can see how orders get lost. On the other hand, he has inventory stuffed in just about any place it won't fall over.
And when it gets lost, the establishment will not make it right... they keep your $$$ and ignore you. What is there motivation to do the right thing? If they have so much inventory, I don't understand why they cannot step up and make right on their mistakes. I'm out nearly $300, a friend has nothing after returning a broken stock (per Fred's instructions). it is obvious to me that they just don't give a shote once they have your $$$.

I'm sure someone here has a close relationship with the forks at Fred's. Someone prove me wrong... I have made numerous phone calls and sent numerous e-mails over the past couple years, and just got the run around with "your order must have been lost," and "we are searching for your presentation grade stock, they are rare," to no response at all. I would love to hear from a representative at Fred's and offer to make the situation right.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM

I am fully aware that 'I have been warned' (per his website) but I went ahead and ordered a stock and a black handguard a little over a week ago. I called on a Wednesday so that I would speak to Fred instead of using email. Credit card was charged a few days ago. I guess now the wait begins to see if I get anything or get left with feathers in my hand.

You know, its a funny thing and something must be wrong with me...to order from a company where I know its going to be a long wait with the possibility of nothing in the end. I'll report back what I find. I ordered from Fred because I wanted a nice USGI stock and Treeline never seems to have anything in stock. If anyone else has a source for good stocks, I am all ears.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:48 PM

I ordered a presentation grade synthetic stock and some targets on Jan 8. My card was charged on Jan 10 and I received my package on Jan 21. They included the hand guard as a free gift. I am very pleased with the stock as it looks new.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:59 PM

I read previous forum posts about Fred's and placed my first order hoping for the best. After a month of hearing nothing, I started getting a little worried due to previous forum postings, so I started emailing and calling. Not sure if that pushed things along or not. Anyways, I just wanted to inform others of my experience. Note that I got a hand written receipt with the order so it makes you wonder how they process orders. My order took over 2 months to process.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM

Abeal - were you pleased with what you got?
Closed Thread