Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2013, 02:37 PM

Thumbs up Large High Resolution Photos

the user manual states 1.4K max size photos. Most my camera pics hover around 2.2 to 1.9k, what is the easiest way to shrink the photos a little to work with this? I have registered my copy of your software and trying to use it with this being my only holdup. I like the versatility of yours.
Thanks

Last edited by nmCollector; 05-24-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:03 PM

Thumbs up Optimizing photo resolution and size

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeaton View Post
the user manual states 1.4K max size photos. Most my camera pics hover around 2.2 to 1.9k, what is the easiest way to shrink the photos a little to work with this? I have registered my copy of your software and trying to use it with this being my only holdup. I like the versatility of yours.
Thanks
Thanks for trying out NM Collector Software. Did you actually try to load your pictures. They should work just fine. Please see details below.

First, I must correct you with regard to what the user manual says. Here is the exact quote:

"If the pictures are too large they can affect the performance of the application and may not load properly or
show up in reports with images. Please keep them as small as reasonably possible. I have success-fully loaded pictures
as large as 2048 x 1360 pixels (1,400 KB) with no problems
"

I can understand your confusion but please understand, that is not a max picture size. I reference an article below with an image that
takes up 536 KB. For reasons to be discussed later I do not recommend using an image that size but it can be done. In fact, I
just loaded that very same image (without resizing it) in my copy of NM Collector Software and it is working just fine. It even worked
well in an inventory report. Please keep in mind that when the image is loaded your view of it is re-sized to fit the screen.
However, you can zoom and pan and even display it in it's original size. Screen captures of all of these options are included below.

Here is an interesting article discussing image resolution and file size: http://www.microscope-microscope.org...resolution.htm.
It is interesting to note in that article that their example of a very high resolution image ( 2048X1536 [3.1 megapixels] ) is 536 KB
in size (please see actual picture below)!

This is the 536 KB image from the article above.

Here is the very same image loaded in my copy of NM Collector Software:

Here it is after I click the "Actual" button which shows it in its full size and allows you to pan the image:

Here it is in a report:

As you might know NM Collector Software allows unlimited images per item. However, keep in mind that NM Collector Software is designed to be
run completely off of a USB flash drive including the program, all data and the pictures. Why take up excessive USB Flash Drive space for an image
that is much bigger than you would ever need?

Thanks,

Last edited by nmCollector; 05-16-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:33 PM

As you can see it works great for me. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing problems with images?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:08 PM

Exclamation Photos

Looking for more feedback on photos.

Thanks!