Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP North Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2018, 11:56 PM

Default North Store visit Before National Matches

Anyone know the best time to visit before the National Matches? Do they restock before the entire event (beginning first week of July) or do they restock right before the M1 events?

I've been planning to make the 5-hour drive there for some time. I hope to get there when they receive a truck.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:26 AM

It varys,some times a little new stock every day. Some times a few prizes hidden in racks.
Old 06-20-2018, 11:19 AM

Usually the week of the Springfield, carbine and Garand matches is a good time to go, just make sure you are among the first 15 or so in line at opening to maximize your opportunities. I’ll be up there bright and early on the 31st and the 1st
Old 07-04-2018, 09:47 AM

The 9th at 12 noon is very good too after the opening shot ceremony.

Last edited by bandofM1; 07-04-2018 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-04-2018, 10:24 AM

I wish you guys the best of luck. Stalin won't let me go this year. She thinks I spent too much on guns this year. Five M1s from the CMP so far, an AR15, AK, an FN FNX .45 and a Romanian PSL 54.

I guess I've reached my limit.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:04 AM

Default guns

That many guns in one year??? I'd call her a PRINCESS!! Not a Dictator.

I'm going to hit there after noon on the 12th of July you guys have any thoughts?
Old 07-05-2018, 12:31 PM

Nearly all my visits are after I shoot and for the last few year's things have been well picked through by the afternoon. Still I've gotten lucky with a FG Springfield in SG condition and most recently a 1903A3 drill with a pristine cartouched stock. The near easter egg was a carbine stashed in the M14 stocks 2 years ago. Another customer and I saw it at the same time and he grabbed it right before me. If I recall correctly, Bob said it was put out first thing and no one had come across it all morning.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:45 PM

That's it? Better luck next time comrade.
Old 07-07-2018, 08:56 PM

Stopped by the NS today. Slim pickings. Monday is the day where new stuff will be put out.

I stopped by vendor row. Davenport Guns was open and was setting up. They sell Armalite rifles and some Springfield handguns. They also have a few used firearms. Springfield Armory will open Sunday. Champions Choice opened at 11am today. They had H4350 in 5lb jugs ($178). CC had their normal mix of smallbore and air rifles. Also Sierra, Hornady, and Berger bullets - mainly in .224, 6.5, 7, and .30 calibers. Eley ammo is cheaper than previous years - for example, Tenex is $1695 for a 5000 round case. I guess Lapua Center-X and Midas are also cheaper this year. They also had 5000 round cases of CCI standard velocity around $335.

Fin Feather Fur had their sign up but not open. Maybe more will be open on Sunday, but I would expect a lot more open on Monday.

Couple of other things to be aware of. The May flies are very thick right now. Be warned. The NRA Highpower rifle matches are occurring right now at Camp Atterbury. That is really early. There are also smallbore matches occurring at the Cardinal Center right now, run by ASSA. Looked to be about 50 participants today - prone iron sights today and tomorrow, then two days of any sight on Monday and Tuesday. I guess they poured the concrete pads this last Tuesday and put up the wooden frame for cover as well as put crushed rock/gravel down in the parking lot. The pads should have been made about 5-10 feet wider, IMHO.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:33 AM

does the NRA still have a presence up there?..they used to be in that little building right across from the ranges..[/B]