Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2018, 03:32 PM

Default 1911 Notification and Order Process FAQ

Ok people, it does no good calling and emailing us to see if you missed our call or you think you deleted our email. All that does is takes time away from processing orders. We can't help that your voicemail / email is full, just delete some. If we call you and it goes to voicemail, we will leave a detailed message on what you need to do and how to contact us and you have 5 business days to do so. If you do not have voicemail, we will attempt to contact you several times and if still unable to contact you will move to the next packet. Just because you receive an email stating you have been assigned a RNG #, does not mean we are going to call you in the next few days. It could take anywhere between 30-90 days. Once we do call you and take your payment information it also could take 30-90 days to charge your card and ship your pistol. Once your pistol is shipped you will receive an email telling you it has shipped and to let your FFL know it will be there the next day. WE WILL NOT SENT YOU THE FEDEX TRACKING NUMBER. We did this at first until we had a customer call the FedEx hub and request that they hold his package at the hub and he would pick it up that weekend. He was trying to go around the FFL. We are smarter than we look
Old 11-30-2018, 01:00 AM
Super Moderator

Agreed...too many people with the belief that having a keyboard/touchscreen means they must post...something/anything.
Cleaned this up and have made it a sticky...will update over the next few days with relevant FAQ-type information.

If you have a legitimate question, post it, we'll get an answer and update the information, then delete the post (for those that feel entitled to a reason).
Otherwise, do NOT post here...no use for your opinion, good idea fairies, the fact you haven't received a call/email/RNG #, etc ad nauseum...

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 11-30-2018 at 02:44 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 01:54 AM
Super Moderator

1911 Ordering FAQ

** Please do not rely solely on the forum for the most current information. We will update it when able; otherwise, please check the CMP 1911 website for updated information: http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/1911-information/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How will I know if my order has been assigned a Random Number Generator (RNG) number?

A: CMP will send you an email with your RNG #. You can expect a call concerning your actual order w/in 30-60 days.
The email will be titled: "CMP 1911 order acknowledgement"
And the email address will be in the format of the first letter of the sender's name, their last name, with extension @thecmp.org

DO NOT call or email to see where you are in the queue. There are over 19,000 order packets and they simply don't have the time to go through all of them for one person.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Once I receive my RNG #, what is the next step?

A: CMP will call you. If they don't reach you, they will leave a VM and then send an email. If they can't leave a VM, they will send an email.
Either way, you will have 5 business days to respond before they discard your order and move on to the next one.
When you speak with them, they will inform you of the grade (service, field, rack) for which you have selected to purchase, and the customer service rep will confirm your payment and FFL info.
The phone number will be from area code 256, with first three being 770, i.e. -- (256)770-XXXX.
The email will be in the format of the first letter of the sender's name, their last name, with extension @thecmp.org

3. How will I know that my pistol has shipped?

A: You will receive an email notifying you it's been shipped. CMP will NOT send a tracking number.
Check with your FFL to confirm receipt.
NOTE: CMP is aware that there are customers who are not receiving emails for a variety of items, including notification of shipping, notification of new posts on the forum, etc.
At this time, there is nothing to indicate there is a problem with the CMP servers, and there can be/are a variety of reasons an email may not go through.

4. How can I find out what is the latest RNG #, and/or what is the latest notification and shipping information?

A: You can check this RNG thread here on the CMP forum:
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=236429

You can also monitor the 1911 Timeline Thread here:
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=234071

People are also posting RNG/shipping info on other forums (yes, they exist), as well as Facebook.

5. Why are there so few people posting RNG #s on the CMP forum?

A:
- The CMP has over 300,000 documented customers.
- The CMP forum has over 4,350 active members (misnomer because that means members who have been approved to post, not that they do post).
- Of those 4,350+ active members, approximately 1,500 have posted in the last 2 years.
- Significantly less than that have posted in the 1911 sub-forum, but even with the 1,500+ number, and a complete SWAG that only 25,000 of the 300,000 customers are active, that still leaves a 6% rate of customers who currently post on the forum.
Contrary to what some think, this forum is not the be-all/end-all to CMP information.

6. How many pistols have been graded?

A: As of 25 Oct, 600 pistols had been graded.

7. What if my FFL info, club affiliation, marksmanship proof, address has changed or expired since I submitted my order packet?

A: If your information has changed (you have moved, your club affiliation expired and you updated it, or your FFL has gone out of business), please DO NOT CONTACT US.
You will be given the opportunity to update us when your number is selected and we contact you.

8. Is CMP still accepting orders for 1911s?

NO. CMP stopped accepting orders at the beginning of October and is NOT accepting any further orders at this time.

9. How many 1911s may I purchase?

A: Customers are limited to one (1) each pistol if selected to purchase one. Nobody will be allowed to repeat purchase until ALL orders are filled.

10. How do I know if my packet was accepted and valid?

A: CMP will notify you via e-mail if your package was not accepted for some reason.

11. How long after I have selected a grade and provided payment information can I expect to have my pistol shipped?

A: Per 1911admin, once you have been contacted and supplied payment information it could be up to 90 days before the pistol is shipped. You will be updated via emails of process.

DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL ASKING ABOUT SHIPPING OR ORDER STATUS. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN THINGS CHANGE.

12. What are the grades and prices of pistols?

A: CMP has priced the 1911 type pistols at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation:
Service Grade $1050. Pistol may exhibit minor pitting and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Field Grade $950. Pistol may exhibit minor rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips are complete with no cracks. Pistol is in issuable condition. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Rack Grade $850. Pistol will exhibit rust, pitting, and wear on exterior surfaces and friction surfaces. Grips may be incomplete and exhibit cracks. Pistol requires minor work to return to issuable condition but is functional. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Auction Grade (Price will to be determined by actual auctionl). The condition of the auction pistol will be described when posted for auction. Pistols may contain commercial parts.
Note: If you have already purchased a 1911 from CMP you will not be allowed to purchase an auction 1911. If you purchase an auction 1911, your name will be pulled from the sequenced list. No repeat purchasers are allowed until all orders received have been filled.
All pistols are inspected and test fired by the CMP. The shipping cost is included in the price.

13. What grades are currently being offered?

A: Per 1911admin on 7 Nov: All we have at this time for sale are Service Grades. The bulk of what we have received so far appears to be Service Grade condition.

14. Once a RNG number is assigned, does that indicate the documents have been reviewed and approved?

A: No, it does not. Once your number comes up, a customer service rep will review your documents. You will be contacted either way. If your paperwork is in order, you will be provided the grade of pistol being offered, and asked to provide payment info. If the FFL info provided in the initial application has expired, you will be provided the opportunity to update the FFL.

Placemarker for further Q & A

CMP Customer / GCA Member / VFW & NRA Life Member

Feedback Thread: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=137544

Last edited by Big_Red; 01-15-2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Update - 26 Dec 2018
Old 11-30-2018, 08:06 AM

Quick question: do you happen to know if the RNGs started with #1 or #1000 (or some other number)?

Many thanks, both for any answer you might have and also for your continued hard work on the 1911 sales!
Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greypilgrim76 View Post
Quick question: do you happen to know if the RNGs started with #1 or #1000 (or some other number)?

Many thanks, both for any answer you might have and also for your continued hard work on the 1911 sales!
If the assigned numbers were truly randomly generated, all of the numbers would have been selected randomly, not just the starting number. In other words the first and last numbers would be put into the program (1 and 19,000) and the program would select all 19,000 numbers in a random order. For example, the first number selected could be 412, the second one 14,857 and all of the numbers are picked randomly.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkost View Post
If the assigned numbers were truly randomly generated, all of the numbers would have been selected randomly, not just the starting number. In other words the first and last numbers would be put into the program (1 and 19,000) and the program would select all 19,000 numbers in a random order. For example, the first number selected could be 412, the second one 14,857 and all of the numbers are picked randomly.
How about "randomly assigned?" Are you over thinking this?
Old 11-30-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpa72 View Post
How about "randomly assigned?" Are you over thinking this?
Not over thinking it. Was an auditor in my youth. That is how randomly generated numbers are done. It takes any intentional or unintentional prejudice out of the selection process.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:48 AM

It doesn't matter where the RNG #'s started, "there is not a need to know".
Old 11-30-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
It doesn't matter where the RNG #'s started, "there is not a need to know".
Fair enough. I was just curious as to whether the current arrival of RNGs around the 2700 mark in people's email boxes meant that 1700 or 2700 RNGs had been communicated to their respective packet submitters. (Which is really just a self-interested question about how many 1911s are still available for this year's sales.) Certainly, though, I have no actual "need" for this info. Carry on, and thanks for all the hard work!
Old 11-30-2018, 12:03 PM

pkost,
You have me beat then - I doubt I can count to 100 without making a mistake. Auditor? My hat's off to you.