Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2018, 01:28 PM

Default UFH 1942 Bayonet question

I saw a UFH, 1942 bayonet in an antique store. It had the inner leather part of the scabbard but not the outside part. The bayonet was in fair condition, grips had been painted white, (for drill purposes, I guess). Blade is uncut.

$122 a decent price?
Old 11-12-2018, 03:01 PM

The price seems reasonable. Did you take any photos? What was the overall condition of the blade in regard to pitting or rust? You could always replace the grips. Since Christmas is around the corner, the antique store may have a sale soon. You might be able to get it for a lower price. Also, consider that UFH produced the most M1905 bayonets than the other manufacturers during WW2. So they are more common than the other makes such as UC or PAL. How many UFHs that survived uncut is another question.

The scabbard sounds like the body assembly of the Model of 1910 scabbard without the canvas cover. Refer to page 43 of Cunningham's Bayonet Points.

Hope this helps.

Luis

Last edited by enfield; 11-12-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:37 PM

That does help. The blade is in good shape overall. Signs of wear but no pitting or rust. I already have a 42 and 43 but these things are hard to resist! No photos. .