Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendumpling View Post
abeal, you have FOUR! Did you get em for family members to use/learn or collection?
I figured I could use them at CMP rimfire matches and the two new ones are safe queens. For the price, you can't beat them.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:52 PM

Default Trigger Guard Project

RFC forum is trying to get the numbers to do a run on a replacement trigger guard on the wz78. I'm in for one, they are close to the minimum for a run. Hope this generates some interest to join in on the wz78 trigger guard project.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:39 PM

Default Front - Rear sight removal - penny

Just a comment on removing - sometimes very stubborn - the front and rear sights on the WZ78. A one cent penny coin and a pair of pliers to turn the penny in the groove. The penny will give and not mar up the lock down screw/nut. Darn, rear one put a nice twist on the penny before it broke free on my rifle. No damage to the screw/nut. The typical screw driver tends to mess up the groove lines on screws and nuts - my experience.

Perhaps common sense approach, but who knows - might help maintain your perfect and pristine rifle, if thats your thing.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 AM

I thought I would get on board before this ship sets sail... SOG seems to be the only vendor with any stock left on these rifles, so I ordered one. My curiosity was struck after shooting the WZ.48 over the weekend... I figured that the WZ.78 should shoot as nicely as the WZ.48, so I talked myself into needing one.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 04-17-2012, 10:44 PM

http://cjl-militaryarms.com/firearms

More expensive than SOG.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:11 PM

http://youtu.be/Z8OggXXlUZQ

The video is long and rather boring, but the featured rifle is pretty cool. I was shooting WOLF Match Target and Match Extra, as well as Remington 22 Target, with un-adjusted iron sights. The front sight sitting all the way left seems to be okay for now...

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 06-16-2012, 08:14 PM

Found another one at gunshow today. I think it came into the country in the original wrap. PW Arms unwrapped it and put the import mark on the receiver, and the wrapped it back and put it back in the box. This one is B1153 and came with cleaning rod and sling. Everything is matching.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abeal View Post
I have four rifles:
B01105 with B01105 mag, new rifle in wrap, supposedly from Dans Sporting Goods.
B01218 with B01218 mag, new from Wideners.
B02245 with B01793 mag, slightly used from Todd at FFF who probably got it from Aim Surplus.
B00711 with B02116 mag, slightly used also from Todd and probably from Aim Surplus.

Spare mags:
B01397 from Wideners
B01406 from Wideners
Hello abeal,
I have good news and bad news.
I have tracked down mag B00711 for your WZ-78.
It was listed on Gunbroker earlier this year, but has subsequently been sold (and the listing has since cycled out of the system).
The seller was the same seller that had until recently been selling magazine #B00707.
Interestingly enough, the seller appears to be in Poland so it looks like your original mag had missed the boat when your rifle shipped out.

Unfortunately if I had known about this thread when I was creating my RFC thread:
How many WZ-78's were made? Check your S/N.
I could have sent you a notification here.

Looking over this thread, there aren't any matches to the rather sizeable number of extra mags I've compiled in my thread, but you never know.

Best regards,

Last edited by Kestrel4k; 10-29-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:35 PM

I ended up selling that rifle with the mismatched mag. Thanks for letting me know though. I really like these rifles. Wonder if we will see more in the future?

Last edited by abeal; 10-29-2014 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 01:03 PM

Anybody have any spare magazines they would like to sell?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk