X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danduf98
    • Oct 2009

store report 12/13

Any one been there yesterday or today? Did they have any 1917's out?
  • 6milguy
    • Feb 2017

Had 4 1917’s when I was there:

Eddystone with JA barrel with Eddy stock $700
    Eddystone with Eddy barrel and Rem stock

2 Very nice SG chromed functional rifles $335:
    Eddystone with Eddy barrel and correct E stock
    (This one went home with me )

Also saw a 0-66 WRA Marine rebuild Garand with WRA barrel (1plus ) service grade with wra op rod . At my Garand limit , so showed it to a first time visitor and it went home with him.

Comment

• Chopper10
      • Jun 2019

What a find on the 0-66.

Comment

• eastlandb1
        • Mar 2015

When where you there?

Originally posted by 6milguy View Post
        Had 4 1917’s when I was there:

Eddystone with JA barrel with Eddy stock $700

2 Very nice SG chromed functional rifles $335:
        Eddystone with Eddy barrel and correct E stock
        (This one went home with me )

Also saw a 0-66 WRA Marine rebuild Garand with WRA barrel (1plus ) service grade with wra op rod . At my Garand limit , so showed it to a first time visitor and it went home with him.

Comment

• danduf98
          • Oct 2009

On my way today and will arrive @ 11:20

Comment

• eastlandb1
            • Mar 2015

Eight 1917’s in rack right now. Four 1903’s. Very large crowd.

Comment

• 6milguy
              • Feb 2017

Got there Friday afternoon 12/13 , saw the 0-66 then. It was still there Sat am along with the 4 Eddystone 1917’s put out. The 2 chrome service grade chrome Eddy’s sold immediately when put out. 0-66 sold shortly thereafter.

Comment

• danduf98
                • Oct 2009

Bought one of the 2 Maine VFW 1917 rifles since I was born in Maine 7 1917’s left

Comment

• danduf98
                  • Oct 2009

8 field grands one with Ww2 cartouche

Comment

• Cl65driver
                    • Sep 2017

Any IHCs?

Comment

• danduf98
                      • Oct 2009

Plenty of ihc

Comment

• rob30-06
                        • Jun 2013

South Store start-up report

Guys,
                        I made the trip down to the store today to support a friend who recently had his hip replaced and thought he might be ready to make the trip down. He had one more rifle on his purchase limit where I had none. He is a bit more disciplined than I am
                        There was an AMC class today so they made it into the store around 10 minutes before I did so I missed seeing the O-66 WRA and some other nice rifles purchased right away. If the guy that purchased the WRA O-66 Marine Corps Rebuild see this I would sure like to hear from him so I can get a few details.
                        There was a laaaaarge crowd this morning, and more coming in all morning long. No way I could get a head-count but I bet at one point there was elbow room only and at least 30 people in the store. The CMP made quite a few sales today for sure.
                        I talked to Bobby, the lead armorer and he gave me the opening rifle count so I will share it here:

SA/HRA Service Grades 23 (many original WWII Barrel and finishes among the SA) I did not see any HRA SG but might have missed one.
                        SA/HRA Field Grades 9 (also many WWII BR with original finish)
                        IHC Service Grades 4 (many with original barrels) no IHC stocks that I saw
                        IHC Field Grade 0 at opening but 2 added later in the morning
                        WRA Service Grades * with 2 added later. Quite a few with WRA barrels (what a day to go with no ability to buy)
                        No WRA Field Grades
                        Normal assortment of Specials
                        2 SA WWII Correct Grades. OK, there was one that was OUTSTANDING! It was an SA 1.0 mil Correct and even had the cap over the sight screw! An absolutely beautiful SA EMcF stockset. What a rifle! It left with a fellow forum member from Indiana that drove down to find something that was special. Mission accomplished!
                        There was also a good selection of 1903 and 1917 rifles. Really nice offerings.
                        The only thing I could purchase, if I was so inclined, was a 1917, but I did not see the Winchester that would have made me pull the trigger to get an example.

I had a great time looking at IHCs and gathering serial numbers.

My buddy with the new hip found an SA Service Grade from 1941 with an original barrel and finish that met his needs. A really nice rifle for sure, but I am glad I am not the guy that has to find the parts to put it back to original state.

I saw several nice post war carts, but only one WWII and it was a really nice GAW in the hands of a store customer. It will be hard to improve on and i am sure the buyer is happy with it.

Not up to Tom's standards but his shoes are too large for me anyway

Rob

Oh, there was at least two restockings while I was there. Did I mention that things were real busy?
                        Last edited by rob30-06; 12-14-2019, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• Chopper10
                          • Jun 2019

Thanks for the report Rob! I sure have missed Toms reports and unfortunately bagged my limit too early as well. I hope the new year brings some offerings like today.

Comment

• TLB
                            • Jul 2010

Must have stood right next to you Rob and didn’t even know it. Was on a mission to get a 1903, specifically a WWII Remington. They flew off the shelves so fast I had to “settle” for a 1918 SA mkI that someone returned to the rack. Dark bore that I hope cleans up. Probably my one and only SS visit.
                            Last edited by TLB; 12-14-2019, 06:52 PM. Reason: Phone typos
                            Current Feedback:
                            Former iTrader Feedback: 41 with 100% positive transactions

Comment

• rob30-06
                              • Jun 2013

Originally posted by TLB View Post
                              Must have stood right next to you Rob and didn’t even know it. Was on a mission to get a 1903, specifically a WWII Remington. They flew off the shelves so fast Ibadan to “settle “ for a 1918 SA mkI that someone returned to the rack. Dark bore that I hope cleans up. Probably my one and only SS visit.
                              It was a very crowded space for quite a while, so no wonder we did not meet. I was the big bearded guy in green with the Navy hat. My voice tends to carry over the crowd which makes it hard for me to stay inconspicuous.
                              Hope you make it back to the store again, but I recommend on a calmer day
                              Glad you found a Mark 1. That is my choice as well

Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X