Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2019, 05:32 PM

Default Savage F.A. Co. Model 1861 Civil War Contract Musket dated 1864

PHOTO LINK (37 PICS): https://imgur.com/a/aG2yCJP
For sale is a Savage Firearms Co. Model 1861 Type 1 Civil War Musket. It is 100% correct and original. Original, 1864-dated, .58 caliber Model 1861 “Savage Arms” contract percussion rifle-musket in very good overall condition. This musket is a product of the Savage Revolving Fire Arms Company of Middletown, Connecticut circa 1862-64. Savage was a major contractor in the Civil War who supplied the government with some 25,500 such muskets for the army.
This rifled, single-shot muzzleloader retains a pleasing appearance and has not been "cleaned up". All metal shows original finish. Musket retains its 40” long round barrel, two-leaf rear sight, bayo lug / front blade sight, nipple, “C” shaped hammer, steel "bulb" type ramrod (original ONLY to the 1861) with its threaded tip, original barrel bands, sling swivels, and butt plate. Buttplate tang stamped U.S. which means it WAS issued. The bore and rifling are very good and this can be shot with no issues.
Black walnut stock is in very good condition overall and wears a handsome patina. Stock has the cartouche DWT who was D. Waldo Tyler. Dings and dents are visible on the stock and an original repair. Mechanics strong and tight. Stamped on lockplate in front of hammer is a spreadwinged eagle motif above letters U.S. Just forward is the two-line maker address “SAVAGE R. F. A. Co / MIDDLETOWN, Ct.” A clean date 1864 stamped on lockplate behind hammer. Top flat of breech has pitting, but is stable and does not affect being shootable at all. Government proof marks V / P / eagle head strong and visible on the left facet of barrel. A fine, original Civil War Model 1861 “Savage” contract rifle musket.
$SOLD! plus actual shipping. I do NOT charge over my cost to ship! The first "I'll take it" posted here and followed up with an IMMEDIATE email to me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com gets it. That email must have your information, the way you want to pay, and a zip code of your C&R or shop it is going to. I take USPS money orders, discreet Paypal gift, or credit cards plus 3.5% of the total. I am an 01 FFL. Cross posted. Time stamp rules. I WILL sell to California. Antique so no FFL needed (except where required). Must be 18 to purchase and I will require a copy of your ID to prove that.

Last edited by shawn hoague; 02-14-2019 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:01 AM

I’ll take it. Email being composed and will be enroute momentarily.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:25 PM

SOLD to newemt3