Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #461  
Old 05-18-2019, 07:54 PM
thebearpack thebearpack is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankhearty View Post
Please look up Colts 798412
7/25/42 to Springfield. One of the last to be shipped in numerical order.

Quote:
821202
Between 9/11/42 and 10/2/42 to Springfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkvv View Post
I would like information on RR 1973995
Thank you bear pack
Shipped from RR in November 1944.
Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:11 AM
DTC DTC is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 72
Default

I just got my Colt archive letter for 895,555 this last weekend.

Colt says the pistol shipped Feb. 24, 1943.

Clawson says it shipped March 9, 1943.

Wonder if the 13 days difference in dates has anything to do with “shipped” vs. “received?

I think Colt & Springfield Armory aren’t but about 30 miles apart?
Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:15 AM
thebearpack thebearpack is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC View Post
I just got my Colt archive letter for 895,555 this last weekend.

Colt says the pistol shipped Feb. 24, 1943.

Clawson says it shipped March 9, 1943.

Wonder if the 13 days difference in dates has anything to do with “shipped” vs. “received?

I think Colt & Springfield Armory aren’t but about 30 miles apart?
If you look carefully at the big book, Clawson says your gun could have shipped anywhere between 2/24/43 and 3/11/43. Colt wasn't shipping in numerical order at the time so he gives multiple shipments that could have included particular serial numbers. In this case, yours actually went out in the first possible shipment.
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 05-20-2019, 10:53 AM
DTC DTC is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
If you look carefully at the big book, Clawson says your gun could have shipped anywhere between 2/24/43 and 3/11/43. Colt wasn't shipping in numerical order at the time so he gives multiple shipments that could have included particular serial numbers. In this case, yours actually went out in the first possible shipment.
Thanks, thebearpack - I donít actually have my own copy of the Clawson book. I appreciate the info.
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Redbean Redbean is offline
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland. Originally from Fairport Harbor Ohio.
Posts: 2
Default

Mr. Bearpack, please look up Colt frame/slide 2316883. Thank you Sir, Redbean
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:46 PM
thebearpack thebearpack is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTC View Post
Thanks, thebearpack - I donít actually have my own copy of the Clawson book. I appreciate the info.
You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbean View Post
Mr. Bearpack, please look up Colt frame/slide 2316883. Thank you Sir, Redbean
Sure. The frame would have originally shipped between 4/30/45 and 5/25/45 to Springfield. As DTC and I were discussing above, a Colt letter would narrow down which specific shipment it went in.
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 05-20-2019, 07:21 PM
choatecav choatecav is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4
Default Very considerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
You're welcome.



Sure. The frame would have originally shipped between 4/30/45 and 5/25/45 to Springfield. As DTC and I were discussing above, a Colt letter would narrow down which specific shipment it went in.
While I don't have a dog in the hunt at the moment (my number is 6156) I have been impressed with Mr. Bearpack as he has looked up so many of these and provided folks with info about the origins of their 1911.

Very considerate of you, BP.
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 05-21-2019, 03:05 PM
thebearpack thebearpack is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by choatecav View Post
While I don't have a dog in the hunt at the moment (my number is 6156) I have been impressed with Mr. Bearpack as he has looked up so many of these and provided folks with info about the origins of their 1911.

Very considerate of you, BP.
Thanks

Thank you sir. It's been my pleasure. I'm happy to see so many new collectors and shooters enjoying and discussing USGI 1911s.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 05-21-2019, 07:42 PM
mike175gr mike175gr is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
Thank you sir. It's been my pleasure. I'm happy to see so many new collectors and shooters enjoying and discussing USGI 1911s.
I second that compliment to "thebearpack". Exceptionally kind of you to do so much for the community. I al looking forward to getting my pistol and asking you for the history once it is in my eager hands!

Thanks again!

mike175gr
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 05-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Reacher Reacher is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Not sure if mine is an Ithaca or a Colt as it falls in that duplicate range. Table says 1943 and serial # is 897873. Any info in your book?
__________________
Mitch
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 AM.