Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2019, 05:42 AM

Cleanest DC3 I ever saw. Nice one FLD.
Old 09-07-2019, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriec View Post
Cleanest DC3 I ever saw. Nice one FLD.
Thanks. I agree about the clean aircraft. Having owned and maintained vintage aircraft, I can relate to the time and effort some folks are spending to keep 611 clean and airworthy.
My wife commented on the flight crew's conversation about the impact a journey like that can have on the family dynamic. She and I have had those discussions a few times too. Important papers, what if, etc.
There was a time (not so long ago) when I would have begged to be on one of the crews that made that trip. It's funny how health issues become the primary factor in what you do and where you go. Thank goodness for YouTube and the folks that post videos like this one.
Old 09-07-2019, 07:18 PM

I understand too well the nature of familial concern for their often "too bold provider/protectors". I think the women in our lives are the ones most affected by our collective testosterone induced bravado at almost every turn. The historical fact that women are perfectly capable of doing everything without us doesn't seem to be part of the emotion of the equation. Mine was always curious as the the contents of our "In the event of my untimely demise" letters we all kept taped to our locker doors. All other comments were precede by congratulations on having won the SGLI sweepstakes and apologies for not being there to spend it! Regarding the health issues, all but the good live so long now that the participation in our advancing decrepitude is pretty much a forgone conclusion. Part of the journey. Gives us something to talk about at Hardee's besides fishing and the weather. "If we have our health, we have everything" someone is supposed to have said. I tend to agree.
Old 09-08-2019, 11:48 PM

Those pics are great DWL ;

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?
Old 09-10-2019, 04:29 AM

Bigger than the Spruce Goose!!

https://worldwarwings.com/footage-ma...Af7KBO_aSf5vJk

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index raeed4@comcast.net
I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 09-10-2019, 08:13 AM

Well J.R. I'm glad to see you didn't get washed away! Interesting comment about the tax payer having to absorb that cost. May have seemed like a good idea in the beginning but seemed obsolete before they got started.

Last edited by Carriec; 09-10-2019 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriec View Post
Well J.R. I'm glad to see you didn't get washed away! Interesting comment about the tax payer having to absorb that cost. May have seemed like a good idea in the beginning but seemed obsolete before they got started.

Thanks. No flooding, just 75-85 mph wind gusts from 3 am to night fall, that was one slow moving SOB, and a ton of limbs from a Sweetgum tree stacking up next to our back porch. Something to watch. Didn't even lose power, like a lot in the Low country. Did lose cable for 2 days. Believe me "Silence isn't Golden".

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index raeed4@comcast.net
I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.
http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
Gun Owners of SC
GCA
Old 09-12-2019, 09:38 AM

If you've seen or heard of the "Mach loop" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mach_Loop) then you might appreciate this video of four C-130J models (most likely MC-130Js) flying through the valleys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SEhcyvQic2s

Enjoy - I know I did.

grumpa72
Old 09-12-2019, 12:28 PM

Spectacular!
Old 09-12-2019, 05:31 PM

Fld,
To me the biggest problem is kind of like the potato chip commercial if you'll pardon the paraphrase - "bet you can't watch just one". Once i knew of the Mach Loop, i started watching others.