X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • captron
    • Oct 2014

M1 carbine stocks

If this is permissible on this site? I just received a email from Old Western Scrounger stating that they just received a limited number of grade 2 stocks from Korea for all the different mfg. of M1, ww2 carbines. I just ordered a ww2 Rock Ola I think the have about 6 or 7 left of this maker but Winchester and well I guess all of them.
  • cali201
    • Jun 2013

well if these are anything l like the stocks PY got from Korea and has been selling at shows you are in for a real crap shoot. They say "small cracks" and such but no pictures (that I can get to display). I have spent several hours going over some of the Korean stocks that PY had/has and it took a while to find good ones.

Comment

• captron
      • Oct 2014

?? i hope I'm not in for a bad surprise because i ordered a Rock ola. I guess if its to bad I can send it back??

Comment

• crabby13
        • Jul 2012

He has had several listed on gunbroker for months, those ones are not pretty

Comment

• 6 Ring
          • Apr 2010

And it says "No Returns".

Comment

• cali201
            • Jun 2013

you never know, you might get a gem. In Py's pile I found a high wood, oval cut Inland stock that was in very nice condition, no cracks and few dings.

Comment

• captron
              • Oct 2014

You guys had me worried. I ordered a Rock Ola stock this am and became worried that I might have made a bad buy. So, I called the company and here is what I was told. If I am unhappy with the stock for any reason, I may return it ..no questions ask. 2) The stocks for sale on GB are NOT the same as the ones that I ordered, that they received a shipment and culled out the GB for sale stocks. 3) The stocks advertised in the email that I received were hand selected ( grade 2-her words)good quality stocks but would have some nick and scratches, NO cracks and will included the top wood. So, I shall see I guess??

Comment

• cali201
                • Jun 2013

go for it, as I said with my "hand selecting" from PY's Korean stocks I found some nice ones.

Comment

• GotSnlB28
                  • Oct 2010

I would be wary of OWS. I ordered some stocks from them a year or so ago. One was a grade 1 inland and it showed up with a fake cartouche ( they accepted my return ). The other 3 handyman stocks were firewood, horrible pitted metal.

Comment

• captron
                    • Oct 2014

Well.. my stock arrived and I must say i am disappointed!! Actually disappointed is an understatement!! It is going back as soon as they give me the procedure for returning it. I was (I thought??) receiving a grade 2 stock. I thought that meant just below grade 1, right?? Wrong, how about a grade 15 if such exist. BTW, this company is in Martinsburg, WV. I know nothing about anyone from Tenn.
                    Last edited by captron; 03-26-2015, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• meplat
                      • Jan 2010

She probably saw "Grade 11" and thought that meant grade II

Last edited by meplat; 03-04-2015, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• cali201
                        • Jun 2013

Not surprised, as i said i have spent hours going thru 100's of those stocks (the guy in Knoxville has) to find a few good ones. Hope the return goes ok.

Comment

• Mike in NC
                          • Oct 2009

Lots of nonconventional repair methods like cracks held together with fence post staples. The Korean ones I have seen in recent shows in the SE states have been 95% trash and only a very few moderately OK stocks. The ones I have seen have been really, really rough.
                          Buyer / Seller Feedback link:
                          https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread...ght=Mike+in+NC

Comment

• tenOC
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2010

Glad you posted your results of the stock order, captron. It's helpful info.

Py's Korean stocks still in good configuration, but coloring was bad on most...way dark. I think the best one I found was a late Winchester in unsanded condition and not darkened like the others. Still had a small crack and letters sanded off one side. I coached someone else on the phone several times while he was picking through them, telling him what to buy. Thankfully I wound up with a few of those.

His stocks came in boxes graded A, B, C marked off the delivery truck. I was there the day of the 2nd shipment, but he had already been to the Atlanta show 4 days before with another. I personally opened several of the boxes of the 2nd shipment and found a few late Wins in original low wood config with cartouche and handguard for $40 in C grade boxes. Most C stocks were M2. I know I saw a few highwoods in those boxes, and bought 1. The A boxes were M1 stocks. The Bs were mixed, but mostly M1. Two of us went there a couple more times...plus the few we bought at a show.

Comment

• DAT M60A3
                              • Oct 2009

who is this py a guy and where can I get some of these stocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X