Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask Each Other
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2019, 03:03 AM

Default mag pouches

does anyone have pix of 30 round mag pouches for carbine. i have never seen 1 at the gun shows or online... i know what the 15 rounders look like but i cant imagine uncle sam not having pouches for the 30 rounders how were troops supposed to carry 30 round mags and not have a pouch.. i would like to buy some. if they were not made at all i will not buy anymore 30 rounder mags, it does no good to have them and not be able to carry them on your 782 gear. thanks for your time and consideration
Old 09-22-2019, 03:48 AM

There are 30 rd mag pouches. Here is a reproduction of one of them. Not sure if you are looking for originals or not but those pop up on here from time to time or maybe someone will see this and help you out.https://www.keepshooting.com/m1-carb...mag-pouch.html
Old 09-22-2019, 04:54 PM

thanks not lookin for repro.. original usgi. was helpful.. i usually get plenty of help from the guys here everybody must b watchin football
Old 09-22-2019, 05:15 PM

There are original USGI Magazine pockets or "pouches" that are specifically designed to carry the 30 rd. carbine magazines. I'm sure someone will post a few pictures on here for you. Expect to pay between $25-40 for one depending upon were you find it. Plenty on ebay. Be aware there are a good number of after market or "reproduction" pouches out there. A cheaper and much easier to find option would be to use the M-1956 Universal Ammunition pouch that came into use in the late 50's and remained in service through the 80's. These were designed to hold magazines, clips, boxed ammo etc... for the wide range of small arms in service with the US at that time, to include the M1/M2 Carbines. The universal pouch will hold up to five 30rd M1 Carbine magazines. Look at period photographs of the Vietnam War and you will find plenty of South Vietnamese soldiers armed with M1 and M2 Carbines using these pouches.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:09 PM

thank you sir mrrm
Old 09-23-2019, 04:55 PM

If no one post any pictures, I will try to remember to take a few when I get a chance. There are also original USGI M1 Carbine 15 rd. magazine pouches that had the flaps cut and extra material sewn on to extend the size to allow the carrying of two 30 rd. magazines in these modified pouches. However these are not as commonly found anymore as they once were.

As far as the prices I mentioned above, as with any of this old USGI gear it comes down to where you get lucky enough to find it. I can go on ebay almost any day of the week and buy an original USGI M1 Carbine 30 rd. magazine pouch if I want to spend $30-50. I have spent many hours/days for many years searching gun shows,rummage sales, tag sales, flea markets etc... So of course I have bought these pouches for as little as $5.00 maybe less? But how much time do you want to spend, never mind the cost of gas and food hitting all these venues. I drive hundreds of miles a year, probably more, but it is a hobby for me, plus I am also looking for other antiques in my travels. If you really want one of these USGI 30 RD. magazine pouches for your use and enjoyment, I'd suggest looking at ebay. Plenty of people dislike ebay, which is fine, but you will find what you want there.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited by mrrm; 09-23-2019 at 04:59 PM.