Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2019, 02:44 PM

I was in the AMC that concluded 1/31/19 as well. Very much time well spent. Not sure the class translates well to streaming or a DVD as so much of it is interacting with each other and the instructors. And the Tour (AWESOME) and the Range (Double AWESOME!)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:35 AM

I'm going in December, I was wondering, how much ammo do I need to bring? Any problems with picking up my brass?
Old 02-12-2019, 08:38 AM

I shot 200 rounds when I went, more than most people, but I could have shot more. Yes you may pick up your brass.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:29 AM

What day of the 3 day class did you go to range? When did class dismiss (time) the last day. Going in May and will bring can of ammo. Thanks. Also plan to travel down to Mobile after class over and look at the breech of the 16 inchers on USS Alabama.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drywash View Post
What day of the 3 day class did you go to range? When did class dismiss (time) the last day. Going in May and will bring can of ammo. Thanks. Also plan to travel down to Mobile after class over and look at the breech of the 16 inchers on USS Alabama.
3rd Day is Range Day. There is a bit of classroom time, lunch, and then function firing by CMP Staff at the 100 yard range. That all concludes about 1:30 or so. After that - the day is yours! 200 rounds is a good number - I made it through about 160 before my eyes gave out while on the 600 yard range.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:41 AM

Went last spring and it was a positively awesome experience. You'll know YOUR Garand inside and out - literally. In my case, the Garand I built at AMC is just a silly accurate tack driver. If you haven't been there the Talladega facility is awesome and just a pleasure to shoot on. Great experience all around. Have fun!
Old 03-08-2019, 01:45 PM

I am set up for the may class. Have built a couple M 1,s from B.R.,s . I never had to headspace or install barrel. Will do so at this class. Will also bring a can of ammo, shooting gear etc. Come on May. Also plan to go to Mobile and get a close look at the "loading end" of the 16 inch guns on the USS Alabama. Last time I went was on a military reunion tour and was rushed. Did not get a look at the "breach" of those guns. Plan to take plenty of time. "Come on May"