Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Ammunition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2019, 09:22 AM

I shoot a lot of 3 gun in the Northern VA, NW WV and Richmond areas. None of these locations allow us to shoot Bimetallic jacketed bullets. The reason is the cumulative negative effect on the steel targets by the mild steel in the jackets and the closest we shoot rifle steel is 100 yds. The same reasoning would apply to steel backstops in indoor ranges. I have my 30 cal ammo (.308 and 30.06) in marked ammo cans by magnetic and non magnetic so I know what I can shoot in 3 gun matches. I have also seen that copper jacketed HP bullets (not HTMK bullets) like the .204 Ruger will actually crater steel targets even at 100 yds.

Mark

Last edited by SpearheadOrd; 03-07-2019 at 09:27 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-07-2019, 11:46 AM

All of the HXP '64 and '65 I have seen would not attract. 1966 can go either way. I have seen some that would and some that would not. '64 and '65 are the only full years I have ever seen that would not attract. Has anyone seen different from that? All other years I have seen would attract (including '62 and '63).
Old 03-14-2019, 02:53 PM

Are you going to the Eastern Games in April? I have some non-mag HXP from last years Games for trade (I only shoot outdoors).
Old 03-14-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVN 69-70 View Post
I could TRY to sell ut then.....who wants to pay for HXP (+shipping) when they can get somewhat more accurate PPU at the same price....The PPU I ordered had free shipping with 500 rounds for $365.

I might try some LOCAL postings to see if FTF would work. Looks looks like the Garand will be the GO TO GUN for matches instead of the AR.
You will be surprised who and how much "they" will pay.
i recently sold a few tins of the 240 rounders for what I paid for them just before cmp ran out.
Also remember people where paying close to .80cents per round of mixed M2 in rusty cans not long ago and PPU was plentiful at .65 round with nice new can.?
At minimum post it up for sale locally?
Old 03-14-2019, 08:51 PM

are you going to the Eastern Games in April? I have some non-mag HXP from last years Games for trade (I only shoot outdoors).

Nope.....wish I could but have to work. (UGH) Thanks for the offer though. I definitely WOULD have if I was going.

You will be surprised who and how much "they" will pay.
i recently sold a few tins of the 240 rounders for what I paid for them just before cmp ran out.
Also remember people where paying close to .80cents per round of mixed M2 in rusty cans not long ago and PPU was plentiful at .65 round with nice new can.?
At minimum post it up for sale locally?

True.....might have to post at the NRA range where I shoot indoor. SOMEONE might need it for outdoor matches....