Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2019, 07:38 PM

Default Remington Rand came in today.

No rebuild marks type 3 slide, correct Remington Rand fja frame ,correct F.P. barrel. Appears great with nice finnish and S.G. grade. Very nice pistol.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:40 AM

Will pictures follow? Sounds like another nice one! Congrats!
Old 05-03-2019, 08:52 AM

Congrats and enjoy!
Old 05-03-2019, 11:21 AM

After researching it my Remington Rand sounds like yours. Looks unused. No rebuild marks. RR frame, slide, barrel. No wear anywhere. Only part with any sign of use/wear is the recoil spring guide. Wooden hand grips even look new and unused! All parts marked and consistent with a 1943 Remington Rand! I posted some pics in the pic thread. I keep thinking maybe CMP made a mistake and they are going to want this one back! Guess this will make up for not getting picked last year for an M1 Carbine!
Old 05-04-2019, 10:30 AM

Default Wood grips?

Nice one! Congrats
Are you sure those are wood grips? I am no expert. They look like plastic.
The last experience I have with these is when I was in the Corps. Its been so long I forgot how to spell Corps.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
After researching it my Remington Rand sounds like yours. Looks unused. No rebuild marks. RR frame, slide, barrel. No wear anywhere. Only part with any sign of use/wear is the recoil spring guide. Wooden hand grips even look new and unused! All parts marked and consistent with a 1943 Remington Rand! I posted some pics in the pic thread. I keep thinking maybe CMP made a mistake and they are going to want this one back! Guess this will make up for not getting picked last year for an M1 Carbine!
Kinda hate to rain on your parade...

BUT...

It kinda looks like your RR has been thru a least one rebuild!!!

One clue is that the "P" proof mark by the slide release is parkerized.

According to CLAWSON (3rd Edition) Page 103: "The "P" proof marks on Ithaca, Remington Rand, & US&S pistols were stamped after bluing or parkerizing, and should show the same bright unfinished or unburnished areas inside the marks."

ALSO...

"Beginning in mid-1943, Ithaca & Remington Rand serial numbers were stamped after the parkerizing was applied, and show the same bright unfinished metal inside the numbers. This bright unfinished look is most noticable at certain angles."

AND...

"Ithaca & Remington Rand inspection marks on the trigger guard were also stamped after the finish was applied."

Last edited by DDRode; 05-05-2019 at 10:39 AM.