Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2020, 10:17 PM

Default Online availability vs. In-store

I have noticed based on store reports that many rifles that are listed on the sales webpage to be out of stock for order are in fact in stock, in-store. If an order form were sent in with an item numbered that was listed out of stock online, but plenty were in stock in-store (such as WRA FG rifles or even SG rifles), would that ordered be filled?
Old 06-09-2020, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWDavis View Post
I have noticed based on store reports that many rifles that are listed on the sales webpage to be out of stock for order are in fact in stock, in-store. If an order form were sent in with an item numbered that was listed out of stock online, but plenty were in stock in-store (such as WRA FG rifles or even SG rifles), would that ordered be filled?
I'm NOT Mark Johnson, and I do not speak for the CMP; that being said, CMP has said or indicated on many occasions that in order for mail orders of specified firearms (e.g., M1 carbines, WRA service grade M1s, etc.) to occur, they have to accumulate a certain amount of them to have available for sale through mail order.

On the other hand, from time to time, when they do not seem to expect to accumulate sufficient quantities of a given rifle, they may put out what they presently have in the retail stores for sale. That is probably what is happening now. Just my opinion, but based on years of observation.

It is also quite true that they may have some of these hard-to-find rifles in stock in the stores right now, but it won't take long for that stock to be sold off.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:10 PM

If the stores allowed customers to order directly from them, they'd have about 1 day............... or less of inventory. Store sales and mail order sales have always been kept separate, and what's available for one is not always for the other, usually because they have only a limited number in the store.

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
Old 06-10-2020, 08:37 AM

FWIW/YMMV: I had a friend call in yesterday to check on this, and he was told that the mail order side was trying to catch up with orders received while they were away. That was the reason for the Out of Stock notices to be posted. I think that as they get back to working, both in the mail order clerical side and shop side, that we will see some of these items come out of Out of Stock and back into availability/inventory.