Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2020, 11:23 PM

Default planning first visit to Anniston Store

Hi,

I'm planning on making my first visit to the Anniston store in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure of the protocol for the visit. I know I have to call for an appointment. How hard is it to get an appointment. What paper work will I have to have with me if I find a rifle that I want to buy. I have already submitted a mail order, can they look that up or should I bring dupliacates.

Thanks,

Kit Redmond
Old 06-30-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedmond View Post
Hi,

I'm planning on making my first visit to the Anniston store in a couple of weeks. I'm not sure of the protocol for the visit. I know I have to call for an appointment. How hard is it to get an appointment. What paper work will I have to have with me if I find a rifle that I want to buy. I have already submitted a mail order, can they look that up or should I bring dupliacates.

Thanks,

Kit Redmond
It isn't too hard to get an appointment now, but you may end up having to call a few times.

For paperwork, you just need to bring all the stuff listed in the CMP requirements page:

https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Since you've already purchased before, you should be fine. I found that it helps if you go ahead and pre-fill out the majority of the CMP Universal Sales Form before you get down there, but they have blank forms on a stand in front of the door if you don't have a printer.

https://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/ordering-information/
Old 07-01-2020, 01:27 PM

Also, the good folks at the store can serve as your Notary---no need to notarize anything before you get there.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:08 AM

Default Store purchase question

Someone stated on a M1 Garand group on Facebook that he purchased a rifle in person at the CMP Store but in person sales do no come with a case as the mail order rifles do. Is this true?
Old 07-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRedmond View Post
Someone stated on a M1 Garand group on Facebook that he purchased a rifle in person at the CMP Store but in person sales do no come with a case as the mail order rifles do. Is this true?
NO........If he bought a Krag, they didn't have hard cases large enough and those didn't come with a case. A Garand and other bolt actions will.

Last edited by Shomway; 07-05-2020 at 10:19 AM.