Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1 Carbine
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2020, 11:20 AM

If not in good working order then return it without a doubt.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:33 PM

Rangergil, I had made pretty much the same purchase. I was feeling like you did, enough to do a return. Mine did have rust too. Im sorry you had took a big chance and thats what you got. Like I said I know the feeling. Its the chance we take. Im hoping the bottom of the barrel and the EXTRA cost to do my return I dont regret it even more.
She wasnt to reassuring on able to exchange for the same thing, so I asked if not can you send a early production carbine. A again no definitive answer.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:13 PM

Failed to mention that I had ordered a second before I received the QH. Needless to say I was sweating it out! I literally just picked it up and waiting for the opportune time to sneak it in! It is a Standard Products. This one appears awesome. Underwood barrel, well marked with flaming bomb, early production flip sights, early barrel band, nice stock with cartouche, etc. This is what I expected for Very Good to Excellent. Can't wait to start cleaning! Christmas in May!
Old 05-22-2020, 04:21 PM

Please for give my video comments. I knew it was an M2 stock. Smh. I had no help and I have been running around like a mad man all day. Early 5 million inland, mechanically all Inland. MW less than 0!!!! This is my 3rd RTI rifle, my second early features purchase. I say i did pretty good with all 3 of my purchases.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Pav5KSX
Old 05-22-2020, 05:47 PM

Congrates Rangergil, Sounds like a real nice one.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangergil View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'll keep the original slide as part of the rifle. But as I stated, I had to to shoot it. It was worn to a point it disconnected from the rail.
Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, that's a totally different thing then.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algaskin31 View Post
Please for give my video comments. I knew it was an M2 stock. Smh. I had no help and I have been running around like a mad man all day. Early 5 million inland, mechanically all Inland. MW less than 0!!!! This is my 3rd RTI rifle, my second early features purchase. I say i did pretty good with all 3 of my purchases.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Pav5KSX
GREAT score! Love the condition of the metal finish. Congrats!!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:45 AM

Congrats, nice buy! Although I'm a bit jealous, I ordered a hand select early production (quality, not manufacturer) and it's only half as good as that. You lucked out.

I will post pics of my two RTIs today. I bought a National Postal Meter in excellent/unissued and an early features Winchester. Dangerously close to buying a third.
Old 05-23-2020, 10:17 AM

Does that import mark look like a pretty strong strike ?

I've seen Blue Sky strikes (that according to some, broke concentricity of barrel), but they didn't seem as deep as that strike

Did any Americans STOP waving their US Flags on 09/11/01, because their arms were tired from waving it on 09/10/01?
Old 05-23-2020, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACampComLegacy View Post
Does that import mark look like a pretty strong strike ?

I've seen Blue Sky strikes (that according to some, broke concentricity of barrel), but they didn't seem as deep as that strike

In my opinion no, they are dot matrix marks and on the two that I've handled, the barrel finish was worn and they didn't stand out at all

the pic you posted looks to show a lot of finish left on the barrel and probably why it stands out the way it does