Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > M1A/M14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2017, 05:56 AM

Just the Springfield M1As, short barreled M14s assembled by LRB, BULA, SEI, FA, etc...they don't have the reliability issues M1As have.
This has been my Experience also.... I had a FA barreled receiver build that was excellent in fit and finish, no issues on the build up or at the range.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:04 PM

I've had a Scout M1a for around 15 years and I still love it. I've never had any problems with mine. I also had a standard and had no problems with it either but preferred the Scout & sold it. Go with the Scout, you won't be sorry.
Old 01-04-2018, 05:56 PM

I know I am opening myself to abuse, especially by Howardhuge, I have 3 SAI M1A's, a Standard, a NM and a Scout Squad.

Guess what, no major problems, they all go bang every time and the accuracy is on par for the M1A platform. This means they are more than accurate enough for my old eyes, with a variety of ammunition.

Do not believe the anti-SAI curmudgeons, this is becoming a highly personal matter on this and other forums. Look at what you are seeking in this rifle platform and look to the value you receive for the money spent. Let it be your decision and not that of others who obviously have an agenda.

I do not work for SAI, but they stand behind their rifles and I believe the serial numbers reflect numbers in the hundreds of thousands. I bear no animus towards any other M1A manufacturers, but I am very satisfied with my purchases from SAI and have not had to send any of my rifles back for service.

I am just a guy who shoots for fun, I represent no one but myself.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:49 PM

I bought a Springfield Scout back in 1992. It has been a nice shooter and I had no issues with function. I did get bored with it and converted it to a "standard" GI configuration about ten years ago and added a USGI stock with the Hawk's faux selector. I love it and it shoots better with the LRB GI contour barrel, in my opinion. Go with the standard version unless you have the need (or desire) for a shorter rifle.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:04 PM

*** COMMENT REMOVED BY STAFF ***

No call for a post such as this. You may no longer post in this thread.

Last edited by Big_Red; 01-06-2018 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Childish
Old 01-06-2018, 04:40 PM

that escalated quickly . . .
Old 01-06-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HkPlinker View Post
that escalated quickly . . .
And this is what plagues so many M14 forums, and in some ways, M14s in general.
Don't know what it is about the M14 that causes people to feel the need to escalate and engage keyboard commando tactics.

JH
Old 01-14-2018, 05:28 AM

What about looking at a PTR (HK-91 Clone)? Mags are cheap ($3-4) and parts are inexpensive plus it has the 18" barrel.