Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > Bolt Action
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2019, 08:51 AM

Default FS: Springfield Armory Model 1898 Krag w/ Original Bayonet & Scabbard!

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY 1898 401155
PHOTO LINK (30 PICS): https://imgur.com/a/JNPCmhG
For sale is a Model 1898 Krag Rifle in caliber .30-40 Krag. This rifle was built in 1903 and is ser#401155. The rifle is in it’s original configuration with the Model 1902 rear sight and Model 1902 hand guard. The sights were changed (as were the hand guards to accommodate to the rear sight model) many times and upgraded during the Krag’s tenure of service from 1894-1906. Only 12 years. This one has retained it’s “original equipment”. The rifle functions excellent. There is not a smoother bolt action than a Krag. “Butter smooth” comes to mind. The very nice, crack free condition original stock has only the very faint "ghost" of the original cartouche, and firing proof P in cursive. There is a 270 number, that is a rack number, painted on the stock with period style stenciling. The bluing is very good on the barrel and the receiver may have been chrome painted while in service of a VFW. The bolts on these rifles were left in the white from the factory. The bore is very good. The rifling is very good up to the very last inch or so, then there is moderate pitting (which isn't significant enough to affect accuracy much or at all). This will make a great shooter as well as collectible. Comes with an original Model 1898 Krag bayonet, dated 1898 and marked U.S., and the original Model 1899 "improved" design scabbard ( a $275.00 value alone).
$SOLD plus actual shipping. I do NOT charge over my cost to ship! The first "I'll take it" posted here and followed up with an IMMEDIATE email to me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com gets it. That email must have your information, the way you want to pay, and a zip code of your C&R or shop it is going to. I take USPS money orders, discreet Paypal gift, or credit cards plus 3.5% of the total. I am an 01 FFL. Cross posted. Time stamp rules. I WILL sell to California. I am all set up to do so. Please email me at dogfacesupply@gmail.com to learn the actual California C&R FFL laws.

Last edited by shawn hoague; 10-13-2019 at 12:07 PM.