Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 04:24 AM

heavy rifles aren't for everybody. I shoot a somewhat heave rifle that I spent a whole lot of time with to find out what amount and placement of weight works for me. I also have a friend that uses no weight and we both are capable of shooting mid to high 790'sso finding what works for you is key
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM

Has anyone tried cutting their buttstock weight in half ? Maybe this might be a good compromise for me. My full weight is a very tight fit and I have to give the weight a good rap with a hammer to drive it deep enough to completely close the door. I don't think the weight can move if I only use the rear half ?
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Clam View Post
Has anyone tried cutting their buttstock weight in half ? Maybe this might be a good compromise for me. My full weight is a very tight fit and I have to give the weight a good rap with a hammer to drive it deep enough to completely close the door. I don't think the weight can move if I only use the rear half ?
I've experimented with that, and it does work well if you just use the rear most portion.