• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John McCarter
    • Sep 2013

Lodging info for Northeast Games

Hi all:

Hope I have this in the correct discussion forum.

Thinking of going to Jericho, VT for the northeast games in September. I plan to shoot the games and take the wife on a tour to see the trees changing colors - we have always wanted to go to the northeast and now we're retired and can make it happen.

My question is since we will be towing a small teardrop type trailer, a T@B Clamshell, where can we stay? I am unable to find info about Camp Ethan Allen on google or any nearby campgrounds via KOA or Good Sam books. Basically we need 30amp electric but can get by with 15amp service if we don't need the AC, and city water (for cooking/dishes).

Since the T@B does not have a bathroom, we need to stay where there is a bathroom available, we do have a porta-potty for emergencies.

Anyone have info or experience camping around the Jericho area or at Camp Ethan Allen?

Since we will be going from Oklahoma east on I-40 then north thru NY from I-40, any concerns about transporting an M-1? If we don't draw any attention to ourselves, I'm hoping transporting a firearm and ammo will be a non-issue.

Thanks,

John
  • Ham_Chu
    • Jan 2013

You could just stay on post, the barracks are fairly cheap, about what a campsite might cost you.

I would contact CEA directly. They might have (many posts do) some place to let you set up. If not the games are hosted by the Vermont Rifle/Pistol Association (http://www.vsrpa.org/), maybe the locals can help you.

The NE Games program shows this website, that might help: http://www.vsrpa.org/html/lodging___...cmp_ne_ga.html

CEA is about 20 min east of Burlington...center of nowhere up there. Not sure what you might find off post.

P.S. My wife just bought a T@B a week ago. We try it out next week......

Comment

• epm729
      • Oct 2009

The base housing is reserved through the Vermont Rifle and Pistol Association . Rooming last year was $20.00 per night per person. There are double rooms and quad rooms. Meals are extra. I have friends that brought there trailer the first year. The nearest place to stay was 12 miles from Camp Ethan Allen. Last year the stayed on base and were much pleased with the accommodations. Each room has a small refrigerator. The dorms have men's and women's showers on each floor and are well maintained. There is a community room on each floor with a big screen TV , micro wave and coffee maker. Many shooters brought there own provisions and cooked for themselves. The meals supplied by V.R.P.A. are OK and moderately priced. I believe this would be superior to the trailer but that is up to the individual. Eddie

Comment

• John McCarter
        • Sep 2013

Thanks for the info, Guys! Looks like the base housing is the best option while on site. The availability of onsite hot meals is a definite plus!

One more question: how far do you have to walk from the parking area to the 200 yard line?

Thanks,
        John

Comment

• Craftsman
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by John McCarter View Post
          Thanks for the info, Guys! Looks like the base housing is the best option while on site. The availability of onsite hot meals is a definite plus!

One more question: how far do you have to walk from the parking area to the 200 yard line?

Thanks,
          John
          Parking is in an open area just behind the firing line, so not far a walk at all.
          Have a great time!
          Grandfathers Dwight & Percy- Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
          Uncle Colby- WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater / Battle of the Bulge
          Dad - US Army 1954-1956 Infantry Radio/Morse Code Instructor, Fort Knox

VFW Patriots Circle Member
          NRA Life Member
          CMP - GSVMM Master Instructor

Comment

• Mountain
            • Oct 2015

First one I stayed offsite but last match I stayed in the dorm. They are actually quite nice and there should be plenty of the doubles. I did see a couple husband/wife teams together. As noted, the showers are separate.

The weather could range from very cool to a little warm during the day. They provide fans, so an open window is all you need and it cools off a lot at night. Match timing a little early for color. Everything will still be green but it's beautiful regardless. It's a great time in beautiful surroundings- hope you make the trip!

Comment

• Mountain
              • Oct 2015

First one I stayed offsite but last match I stayed in the dorm. They are actually quite nice and there should be plenty of the doubles. I did see a couple husband/wife teams together. As noted, the showers are separate.

The weather could range from very cool to a little warm during the day. They provide fans, so an open window is all you need and it cools off a lot at night. Match timing a little early for color. Everything will still be green but it's beautiful regardless. It's a great time in beautiful surroundings- hope you make the trip!

Comment

• John McCarter
                • Sep 2013

Here is an update about this topic:

First, I want to thank Chris Bradley with the VSRPA and Christina Roguski with the CMP and Susan at the Lone Pine Campground (LPC) for their assistance to me.

After considering the logistics and potential difficulties involved in placing a small travel trailer on site at CEATS I did some more homework and have decided to stay at LPC in Colchester during our stay during the CMP Games at CEATS. Susan indicated that LPC is gun friendly so having my M-1 there should be no problem as long as I don’t act stupid.
                LPC is approx. 14 miles one way from CEATS, therefore it is well within commuting distance and close enough to Burlington to take the Wife in the evenings so she can do her looking around and shopping as she sees fit and sample some of the local food/restaurants.

My next issue is what to do with my M-1 and ammo if we wish to go further north into Canada after the CMP Games are completed.

John
                Last edited by John McCarter; 05-16-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X