Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
My point was this: Highpower deserves a real sanctioning body that takes their job seriously. Neither organization is that anymore, from NRA's smallbore vote they tossed to CMP's constantly changing rulebooks and Monard coat "cheater" allegations.
I don't know...yeah they handled the Monard coat issue wrong by banning them, then testing them, then re-allowing them...but aren't they proving they take their job seriously by not simply ignoring issues that may arise?

As for rule changes, I hate what "service rifles" have become (ugly .223 match rifles) but I'd rather support the CMP then abandon them. They still have the Distinguished program. They still have great matches at Camp Perry. They still have great travel matches at good ranges throughout the country. They're actively expanding their reach, and adding matches, and I still respect that.

The only other continuous rule changes I can think of are to Modern Military rifles...and I am surprised by how much people worry about those. Its a games match.

The NRA couldn't care less about the "classic" competitive shooting sports. Its clear they'd rather watch them die off and spend the money elsewhere. Especially when it comes to their various National Championships, I think its time we let them die off.

I'm a competitive bowler. The USBC is our governing body, and the only one to be recognized by the USOC and IOC. Want to talk about random rule changes...join a bowling league for a couple weeks. There's something new every couple weeks that contradicts other rules that have been in place for 50 or 60 years.
Old 08-26-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ0608 View Post
I don't know...yeah they handled the Monard coat issue wrong by banning them, then testing them, then re-allowing them...but aren't they proving they take their job seriously by not simply ignoring issues that may arise?
The reason I say that aren't serious is there are no standards applied. It's just "inordinate". Kind of like "derived from". It's meaningless. There is no way to determine if your product actually complies with the rules. No test to apply. No mechanism to submit it for approval. It's just arbitrary. That and accusing Monard wearers of cheating is just.... well, competitive shooting isn't what it used to be.

Quote:
The only other continuous rule changes I can think of are to Modern Military rifles...and I am surprised by how much people worry about those. Its a games match.
The regular rulebook has quiet (as in they don't announce it) updates.

Last edited by missilegeek; 08-26-2019 at 02:20 PM.