Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2019, 04:55 PM

Default Luepold VX 1-4.5 HD

I see these scopes advertised by various vendors but not many critical reviews. A shooter I know (midrange master class) uses a night force for service rifle and told me the reticle on the luepold is nowhere near as good as the night force. He says the night force gives him the ability to achieve a ‘circle of white,’ sight picture, and the Luepold will not.
Does anyone out there have experience with the luepold? I know they have a bull and post reticle and the bull and dot- I am curious if one could get a useable
‘Circle of white’ sight picture with the luepold reticle?
I like Luepold products and once in awhile see slight discounts on their service rifle scopes but would like some first hand input on these scopes- I am shooting the VXR patrol now but am thinking about stepping up my scope game.
Thanks for any input and good shooting- Dan
Old 06-19-2019, 08:36 PM

It's SFP, so zoom out to make the circle wider. The circle is best for Standing and maybe Sitting, and a backup sight picture if the lens fogs. Otherwise use the center bits whether crosshair, post, dot, etc.
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara

Last edited by HighpowerRifleBrony; 06-19-2019 at 08:39 PM.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:42 PM

I've played with the bull post version and I really like it. I backed it down to 1.5x and used the post with a 6 oclock hold in offhand and it worked well. used the 4.5 for prone with a center of mass hold.