Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
glad you had a good trip, and glad you found something you were happy with. I appreciate the report, as I am always wondering what's going on down there. it's very interesting to hear that the Philippine rifles may be now trickling in. what part of TN are you from? I live in Nashville, but I'm originally from Chattanooga. did you happen to notice if there was a WRA M1D Combo there in the rack? I ALMOST went down there this morning to look myself, but I couldn't get any sleep for some reason. by the time I would have had to leave, I only had maybe an hour of sleep, so I decided against it.
I am from just west of Knoxville, in Wartburg. Most of the original Tennessee gang are from this area of highway 27.
There was one WRA M1D Combo in the rack. It was there when I left.
I would suggest if you are interested that you get it. It is the LAST of the Combos.
Call before you go to make sure it is there. Ask for Mike as he knows all
It looked pretty nice to me. I would have bought it but I am M1D poor, if you know what I mean.
Rob
Old 05-19-2018, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30-06 View Post
I am from just west of Knoxville, in Wartburg. Most of the original Tennessee gang are from this area of highway 27.
There was one WRA M1D Combo in the rack. It was there when I left.
I would suggest if you are interested that you get it. It is the LAST of the Combos.
Call before you go to make sure it is there. Ask for Mike as he knows all
It looked pretty nice to me. I would have bought it but I am M1D poor, if you know what I mean.
Rob
yeah, I would like to have it. I wish I could have gone today. I imagine it will be gone by the time I could get there to get it. I wonder if I called down there Monday, if there is a way I could buy it somehow before I get there?? I haven't been to Wartburg since I was a really small boy. I'm thinking maybe 5-7 years old. a family friend of my mom's grew up there, and I think we were visiting her grandparents. this was probably around 1985. I grew up on Signal Mountain about 1 mile off Hwy 27. (about half way between Dunlap and Chattanooga)
Old 05-19-2018, 08:22 PM

Quote:
yeah, I would like to have it. I wish I could have gone today. I imagine it will be gone by the time I could get there to get it. I wonder if I called down there Monday, if there is a way I could buy it somehow before I get there?? I haven't been to Wartburg since I was a really small boy. I'm thinking maybe 5-7 years old. a family friend of my mom's grew up there, and I think we were visiting her grandparents. this was probably around 1985. I grew up on Signal Mountain about 1 mile off Hwy 27. (about half way between Dunlap and Chattanooga)
There are quite a few German families in Wartburg, I am kin to a couple of them.

Good luck,
Rob

Last edited by rob30-06; 05-19-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:24 PM

thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 05-19-2018, 08:54 PM

Went to TMP this afternoon about 4. Lots of rifles as mentioned by Tom, but the good ones are gone.
Old 05-19-2018, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich2013 View Post
Went to TMP this afternoon about 4. Lots of rifles as mentioned by Tom, but the good ones are gone.
Well, that makes me feel better about not going there today.
My schedule would not allow it.

Rob
Old 05-19-2018, 09:39 PM

My wife is taking the beginner pistol class tomorrow. We went to sign her up and watch the safety video. Look over all the rifles. Some CMP wood, mostly hackberry. A lot of WRA, Lots of pitting and noticed rust on some. I was trying to get down to the store, but it was deserted at 3:06 Verizon time. Just made me feel better to go by. The M1D combo would have had a new home if not for so many construction zones!
Old 05-20-2018, 03:20 AM

Quote:
I wonder if I called down there Monday, if there is a way I could buy it somehow before I get there??
During my store visits, I've eavesdropped on store staff handling this type of phone call. The answer always is 'No. If you want it, get here early/get here now.' As you can imagine there are lots of people that are after the same thing so it is a fairness thing.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:16 AM

Default store

Corps., was at store about 230 yesterday and sorry the M1D combo was gone they did have some D's without the scope. Mike said he did not think they would have anymore combos but he said you never know.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorfa View Post
Corps., was at store about 230 yesterday and sorry the M1D combo was gone they did have some D's without the scope. Mike said he did not think they would have anymore combos but he said you never know.
thanks for letting me know. i'll probably just end up buying one without the scope. I would have bought one last week when I was down there but the barrel readings were horrible on all of them. the best one I found had ME of 4 and TE of 6. that was the BEST one. all the others were worse.