Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2017, 08:43 PM

Default Holster leather repair...

It's about 30 y/o ; could buy another holster (don't know how much they are no), but for free, + a little time, it's new again.

A leathersmith buddy gave me a piece of leather, to replace the plastic. I did have to un-stitch the perimeter near the trigger side, to be able to get to the inside. Then, drilling holes in the leather, and outlining the belt holes with the old one as a template, and cutting THOSE 2 out.

Heavy duty carpet thread, and a big sewing needle, trying to go through the original stitching holes.

Done

Old 09-08-2017, 10:46 PM
Banned

Not back, but is in suppose to be holding the hammer in ?
Old 09-09-2017, 11:27 AM

Beats me fox; it was my taxi gun. Drove cab in college; kept it wrapped under the steering column, with the Velcro strapping. Didn't want it falling out...

Funny story, if I might here mods... (TONS of cab stories - college town; some good, some GREAT ). One night I got pulled over by a rookie LEO - I knew all of them. Cab had lousy brakes, anchor brick had all its' corners rounded off, etc.

I coasted through a neighborhood Stop sign, picked up 5 buddies going out, REALLY coasted same Stop sign on rebound. Got 8 blocks, then he lit me up. I had seen him sittin' there too Another LEO saw me, pulled up behind the rookie, was chattin' him up, then started to leave. Then rookie told me ease up a little, take off. All of a sudden the buddy LEO tells the rookie, "Don't tick him off; he might use that", as he shines that big light on the 6" .357 under the wheel.

When they were walkin' off, I heard the rookie ask him, "They allowed to carry those?"................

edit:
mods maybe add to title 'non-USGI' ?

Last edited by ACampComLegacy; 09-09-2017 at 11:31 AM.