Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 02:06 PM

Also in the rules on scopes for a 03A4 why can't a Weaver Model 29S be used it has the same magnification as the Weaver 330 and the K2.5 Weaver. It is the same scope as the Model 330 but for one thing there is no adjustment for parallax and it is 1/2 MOA were the Model is 1/4 MOA.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSpecial View Post
I'd be in but the rules say that I can't shoot my original USMC/Unertl sniper rifle because it's in a (it's original) straight stock (rules specify it must be pistol grip).

As I see it, you have two choices if you want to compete with this rifle. The first is to simply replace the stock for competition with a C stock. The second is to petition the Competition Rules Committee to allow S stocks. You will have less drama taking the first approach. Good luck! Rick
Old 09-14-2017, 03:56 PM

Really?

Modify a actual vintage sniper rifle due to a rule that does not match reality? Yes, I know it is not a permanent modification.

That makes a lot of sense.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Really?

Modify a actual vintage sniper rifle due to a rule that does not match reality? Yes, I know it is not a permanent modification.

That makes a lot of sense.
The rules for this match haven't made a lot of sense from day one. So if you have an issue with the rules, take the time to petition the Rules Committee to change what doesn't make sense to you. The alternatives are to comply with the rules (even if that means swapping out easily replaced parts), run the risk of being DQ'ed or stay home. I think that if I had a historically correct rifle that didn't comply with the rules, I'd petition the committee but that's just me.