Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Wisconsin
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 09:09 PM

Default Where to shoot...central WI

Waupaca has two ranges (100 yds.). Need to be a member though. Both are low volume, but few restrictions.
Mickey
Old 10-31-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagfan View Post
It sure would be nice to take part in a match and not have to drive 6-8 or 10 hrs.
Less than 2.5 from SP to Beloit, WI.. There's a match every month (except July) from May through October, plus we have a Frozen Chosin match late in Feburary. (1' of snow on the ground last year. )

Also High Power at 100 yards and Rimfire Sporter matches on other weekends. (Indoor at 50' with reduced targets)

http://beloitrifleclub.org/calendar/
Keep an eye on that for upcoming events, as well as http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/match...gnation=GARAND and http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/match...nation=RIMFIRE

The Garand/etc. matches are $15 for non BRC members, and the club has several loaner Garands and sells ammo at $20 for 60 rounds. (not sure how long that'll hold out)

Be glad to have ya!
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM

I always go to the Shiocton range... no restrictions. We've shot machine guns and .50BMG there as well as .22. You may have a warden or sheriff pull up though, so have your paperwork handy! Its public but there is a $3 donation per visit. If you go, please be respectful and clean up after yourself. I hate to see good things wrecked.
Old 08-09-2011, 10:55 AM

Finally broke down & started my Izac Walton membership this spring so now I have a nice place to shoot..whatever..rifles, pistols..trap and archery...best $75 i've spent. Not the matches I wanted to shoot in but...I can shoot what i want and as often as i wish.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 AM

Default Which Location?

Where did you sign up? The closest one to me is Janesville, WI and I've shot there a few times over the years.. Great club and great people!!
Old 08-10-2011, 06:11 PM

I live in northern Indiana, but my parents live in Oshkosh. My mom would be a huge fan of whatever club gave me an excuse to drive up there to shoot a few matches.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:47 AM

Shoot my Inland Carbine, Garand, Mosin and Mauser at the KCCC. One round in gun rule unless you get approval to load a full clip or mag for operational checks. Five round limit on hand guns. Rule is ok with me since I spend my time working on my sighting skills. 100, 200 yard range for rifles. Nice place.

Kenosha County Conservation Club (KCCC)
Old 10-18-2013, 12:54 PM

CMP service rifle matches held frequently in the Appleton area... Twin Cities Rod & Gun Club

http://www.twincityrodandgun.com/CMP.htm
Old 10-18-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey Christian View Post
Waupaca has two ranges (100 yds.). Need to be a member though. Both are low volume, but few restrictions.
Mickey
Iola has a nice range as well... also need to be a member. They also have an indoor handgun range for our looooong winters.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:29 AM

I usually shoot at McMillers in Eagle, or Langlade County Gun Range.