Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2016, 11:43 AM

Default How to Get USPS Shipping Discounts Through PayPal

Here is a link to PayPal shipping. You need a PayPal account, and can pay using your PayPal bal, CC, or bank account.

Print your own label, tape over it on the package, and save some money. No standing in line at the post office.

I put this in my other thread, but it is down a few pages. Hope this link works and saves you some money shipping.

You even get tracking on first class packages and priority mail.

https://www.paypal.com/signin/?retur...%3d_ship%2dnow

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....=Kansas+Poster
Old 01-19-2016, 01:29 PM

you don't need to do it through paypal, you can setup an account right on USPS.com and get the same discounts and pay with credit/debit cards or paypal. You can also order the flat rate and regional rate boxes for free right on the site. The regional rate boxes are about the same size as flat rate but are cheaper if you're not going clear across the country and they also get there in about 2 days. Best shipping deal going, but only available online.
Old 01-19-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
you don't need to do it through paypal, you can setup an account right on USPS.com and get the same discounts and pay with credit/debit cards or paypal. You can also order the flat rate and regional rate boxes for free right on the site. The regional rate boxes are about the same size as flat rate but are cheaper if you're not going clear across the country and they also get there in about 2 days. Best shipping deal going, but only available online.
John

Your correct. I forgot about USPS.com and I have used them before.

Not sure if you can do the first class with tracking. That is why I switched to PayPal.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....=Kansas+Poster
Old 01-19-2016, 02:32 PM

Good point on the first class, you can't do that on USPS.com with or without tracking. And it looks like they've removed the regional rate box option for non-commercial customers as well
Old 01-19-2016, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the info George.

BTW...any idea what their reduced rate is on a small flat rate box?

My feedback: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=131218
Old 01-19-2016, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
Thanks for the info George.

BTW...any idea what their reduced rate is on a small flat rate box?
Yes, it was $5.25 and went to now $6.10.

I think the PO wants $6.80 plus whatever tracking is, not sure if tracking is included in the 6.80

Old 01-19-2016, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpm View Post
you don't need to do it through paypal, you can setup an account right on USPS.com and get the same discounts and pay with credit/debit cards or paypal. .

I've had a USPS account for many years. Until this week, I was paying $5.25 for a small flat rate box. Yesterday, I paid $6.80. I just went to paypal and can send the same small flate rate box for $6.10.

So there must be SOME discount if you go through paypal.
Old 01-19-2016, 07:42 PM

Where do you find it on paypal? I see it in the link, but normally I only see it if someone has paid me.
I have a USPS account and paid $6.80 too, if I can save .70 I'll use Paypal.

Also, you can ship media via paypal and can only ship priority and expedited on USPS (when I sell books)
Old 01-20-2016, 06:30 AM

I just shipped a barrel to TN - $14.45 if I pay at USPS online. $12.25 following the Paypal link.

THANKS, KP!
Old 01-20-2016, 04:03 PM

As a sidenote, USPS recently raised their rates.

The paypal link will provide a discount. With the new rates, today I paid $6.10 for a small, flat rate box.

Just for fun, I checked on the USPS click and ship price. It came out higher, $6.80, I believe.

As the others indicate you can also print out first class labels using the paypal service, which is valid for packages under 13oz. You can't do this via the USPS site. First class is great for shipping small rifle parts, etc at a reasonable cost.

Last edited by dw617; 01-20-2016 at 06:51 PM. Reason: grammar