Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2016, 02:27 PM

Nra allows you to shoot and more stable position from a less stable position. And since the nra allows it............ we shoot smallbore with a guy who shoots the whole match offhand
Old 07-06-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
Cross leg or cross ankle?
Both. I am thinking about possibly taping or wrapping my knee's or even checking out knee braces. Thank you gentlemen for all the input.

Thomas
Old 07-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkvalead View Post
Both. I am thinking about possibly taping or wrapping my knee's or even checking out knee braces. Thank you gentlemen for all the input.

Thomas
You might want to check that out before you do anything with a knee brace.

From the NRA Rule Book:
5. POSITIONS
Positions—The positions for use in a match shall be stated in the program under conditions of the match and shall be in accord with the definitions of positions prescribed in this section.

5.2 Artificial Support—
Any supporting surface except the ground not specifically authorized for use in the Rules for the position prescribed. Digging of elbow or heel holes at the firing points which form artificial support for the elbows, arms, or legs is prohibited. Use of artificial support, including back braces, is prohibited except as individually authorized by NRA for a physically handicapped shooter.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:23 PM

Doesnt say anything about knee of elbow braces in the rule book. Seen plenty on the line. Call the nra and they will confirm
Old 07-06-2016, 10:13 PM

I will check into the nra rules. I do have three screws in my right knee and a plate running from my knee to my ankle. I have over compensated with my left leg to the point that my left knee is now far worse than my right. At the age of 73 I guess it's expected that I would have a few aches and pains. Wish I would have taken this great sport up years ago. Hoping they have a super old class. Again I thank you all and hope to meet all of you on the range one day.

Thomas
Old 07-07-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkvalead View Post
I will check into the nra rules. I do have three screws in my right knee and a plate running from my knee to my ankle. I have over compensated with my left leg to the point that my left knee is now far worse than my right. At the age of 73 I guess it's expected that I would have a few aches and pains. Wish I would have taken this great sport up years ago. Hoping they have a super old class. Again I thank you all and hope to meet all of you on the range one day.

Thomas
Just don't show up with the new braces and clean the targets .....sure to cause some mumbles
Old 07-07-2016, 08:06 PM

I guess I can hold back just a little.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:06 PM

Can you do sitting without crossing legs or ankles? In other words put each elbow on top of a kneecap. Not as stable a sitting position as crossed, but still better than kneeling.

I did that for a while after a hip replacement until I could sit cross legged again.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:18 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1_131 View Post
Can you do sitting without crossing legs or ankles? In other words put each elbow on top of a kneecap. Not as stable a sitting position as crossed, but still better than kneeling.

I did that for a while after a hip replacement until I could sit cross legged again.
I can certainly try. Will work on it while watching some tv tomorrow.

Thomas
Old 11-23-2016, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Bill View Post
You don't. Instead of sitting, rapid fire, you stand, rapid fire. Then you shoot the standing, slow fire, as normal.
I shot a whole 100yd match offhand without a coat. Started in the 90s and worked down into the mid-70s as the rings got smaller. Finished with a 419/500, IIRC, versus my usual 480s-490s.

One of the juniors recorded me operating operationally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdD6pOeMOck