Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Thompson View Post
So does this work for any milsurp rifle, when shipping it to yourself? Or is this because of the CMP/Garand special situation?
When shipping to yourself possession never changes, therefore no ffl is required.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:49 AM

This is something YOU as a resident should be working on, that is if you are concerned at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelap View Post
It is what it is. Change the tax law if you don't like it.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterTN View Post
Be pretty hard for someone in Georgia to change the tax rate in Alabama.
Pretty hard for someone in Alabama to change the tax rate in Alabama....

State is 4%; after that is all county and local taxes.

When ordering from the eStore, if you take delivery in Alabama, the tax charged is 4%.

It is what it is. You always have the choice to not buy from the Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeeshaker View Post
This is something YOU as a resident should be working on, that is if you are concerned at all.
I just consider it a part of the cost of the rifle. They are sold under market value anyway. If I don't like the total cost, I don't buy. It's all disposable income. These days no one "needs" a Garand.

Isn't this going off topic? The original question was about buying from the Store and getting the rifle home, not the cost of the rifle.

"Life is Good!"

Last edited by steelap; 07-19-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:54 PM

Default OK Mike, with all this great help, what are your plans?

OP Mike,
Just look at all the great help you are getting.
Have you figured out how you plan to address getting your rifle purchases home?
With all the feedback I am really curious.

Rob

Oh, remember one option is to have me "watch" them for you
Old 07-19-2017, 08:23 PM

Put purchases in a case hard sided or soft. Lock 'em up in your trunk, park your car where it can be seen when in restaurants, stores, etc., take them inside with you at the motel/hotel. Problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDaly View Post
Just to show my ignorance, will the South Store ship rifles I purchase in person at the store in Alabama?

I will be going to the South Store later this week and would like to have any rifles I purchase sent home so that I do not have to worry about thievery as we continue our travels.

Thanks

Mike
Old 07-19-2017, 10:18 PM

Default Rob 30-06. yup! Got it figured out

Actually, I would have preferred to have the CMP ship them for a fee but, it seems that's not going to happen. I have a C&R FFL and I work in the firearms industry so I have options for shipping destinations.

I have transported firearms all over the world shooting competatively so I am pretty well versed in all of the items that can turn to poop. In my case, I have become crippled from a multiply broken back and I am losing the use of my legs as the nerves in my back that serve my legs are compressing the nerves. I have been to several of the "best" back surgeons in the country and they all say I am not a candidate for surgery.

Long story to say I was hoping for a less painful manner of getting the rifles home. I will chain the cases together and chain that down to struts in the bed of the truck and lock the bed closed but I will still have to unlock everything and wheel it into the motels each night.

Thaks to all who participated in the discussion as I found it both entertaining and informative. I appriciate the willingness to share experience and knowledge.

Mike
Old 07-19-2017, 11:57 PM

Default Rob, thanks

Rob,

Your offer to sacrifice your hard earned safe space to keep my rifes secure is heartwarming. I suspect that you might even be persuaded to exercise these rifles to keep them from feeling neglected. I will ponder on your offer and get back to you by the 5th Friday of February 2018 .

Thanks again,

Mike