Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2017, 03:08 PM

Default First Trip To The South Store

Hello! I'm going to be making my first trip to the south store at the end of August ! I have a few questions if anyone could help me out. Do I need to have my paperwork notarized before I head down or can they notarize my paperwork there? What time should I get there to be one of the first in line? Do I have to sign in or just walk in when the store opens? I am super excited about this and want to have an idea of the process. I hope to score a CMP Special in 30-06! Thanks in advance for your help!

Christopher McCawley
Old 07-20-2017, 06:40 AM

Christopher,
First I wish you good luck on your first trip. I do not generally look to much at the Specials but I think they have enough that you need not worry you won't get one.
If you go looking for a regular rifle, make sure to let the staff help. Mike is tops and he will see you get a really nice rifle.
They can take care of you at the store much the same as any gun-shop would on the paperwork. You will need to fill out a couple forms and they run the background, so no problem. You will want to make sure you are all set up otherwise to be eligible to purchase, of course.

In the new store getting in line early really does not buy you much time and the crowds tend to not be very large anyway.
I generally get to the store 1 hour before it opens because I enjoy sitting outside and passing time with other customers. Always fun and maybe I will see you there
Rob
Old 07-20-2017, 08:56 AM

I maybe in there on July 29th. I will be at the TMP shooting some rifles. I sorta have to go. Lol.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:14 PM

Thanks! Thank you for your help. I really do appreciate it!