Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Ask CMP
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2017, 07:31 PM

So if my wife came from a country that the CMP buys something from and then sells does that mean I can call dibbs ?
Old 07-28-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preaction View Post
So if my wife came from a country that the CMP buys something from and then sells does that mean I can call dibbs ?
Orest had related a tale about the excitement when they offered to give the crates away.
Virtually everyone came with an SUV, which had no hope of fitting the crates, and as I recall even regular size pickups were not up to the task. Only folks who had trailers could load them.
Of course once the amount of grease and oil and debris inside was seen, they pretty much stayed in Anniston. That's when they just started burning them.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:33 PM

Default Jmm

Jmm, I get that and it seems you also I sometimes just cant get my head around what some of the people here are thinking, mostly its just plain hard to believe.
Old 07-29-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by preaction View Post
Jmm, I get that and it seems you also I sometimes just cant get my head around what some of the people here are thinking, mostly its just plain hard to believe.
like the people who post "seconds if the deal falls through" in the marketplace?
Old 07-31-2017, 11:57 AM

FYI - It's not Philipino but Filipina.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:06 PM

My wife is also Filipina and I'd be interest to know if The CMP ever gives info on where they acquired a paticular rifle. I think it would be interesting to have that info to pass down with a rifle. I'd be happy to have a couple of Garands that I could prove came from the Philippines.

GuapoPogi
Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 PM

Preaction, nobody is calling dibs. I simply asked if they were going to get rid of the crates as they did before, and if so I would be interested. If you find something interesting and may have a connection to your wife's past, you can feel free to do the same. If I or my wife was Greek, I would have picked up a crate or two when they were available.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:45 AM

Who knows what they will show up in and the condition. ...
Old 08-29-2017, 11:16 AM

I'm actually in the Philippines right now on vacation. I am not sure I have ever seen a Garand here but I have seen alot of nice looking Carbines here over the years. Filipinos like their guns and seem to take care of them but that does not mean that ones stored long term by the government here are in good condition.

GuapoPogi

Tags
crate